Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Upbeat Update - Long

Posted by Mary D on 3/25/99 at 00:00 (005768)

Well, here I am again. It has been a few montns since I last wrote in, but I wanted to let you know how things were going.

1. I went to the Dr, Pod, and the PT. All have been very good experiences, even my insurance plan is working out well.
2. I see my PT once a week, have a plan for at least 3 mths of visits. We are working on pain from fribromylaga and pf. My TMJ is better and my back pain is managable
3. I now take 25 mg of Doxepin (sometimes 50) for Fribromylaga. I see my MD in 30 days to update on how well my PRx.
4. Best yet! I receiced my inserts this month. After I realized I need to take out my existing innersoles, they work great. I now can walk all day with little pain by the end of the day.

OK, so where is the going. I made a friend via this site. We communicate weekly, sometimes more, and we talk about other stuff too! I am now taking 2 dance classes! I went from ballet to jazz and musical theater. I excercise at least 2 more times during the week.

I am no longer too tired to even get out of bed (doxepin?) I feel like a cloud has been lifted. I am receiving comments - people notice. I can keep up, and the stress is managed better. I am making time for me.

I painted my toenails the other day (after 6 yrs) because my feet felt so good, I wanted them to look good too!

My feet still hurt, but I feel I can manage it better. I still ice and I still have my birks (I even tried to put my inserts in them).

What will come next? Who knows, I am just happy I can manage this pain and know whatever the next phase of my life throws me - I can take.

I know this is very 'Polly' for some. But I needed to share this news. Afer 8 years of intense pain, I feel there is a light to reach for.

Happy feet to all and to all a good life. Your friend, Mary D in Seattle.
PS. Lv to hear from you.

Re: Upbeat Update - Long

lori on 3/25/99 at 00:00 (005771)

Hi...So glad all is well with you ...What kind of inserts do you use?..Thanks!!!Best to you

Mary D/Seattle on 3/26/99 at 00:00 (005783)

After many years of investing in over the counter othosis, I had the insert custom fit by my Poditerist. It cost over $300 and my insurance paid most. They hurt at first, now I love them. As I see it the major difference is that he fit each foot and corrected each insert to fit the needs of that foot. Can't do that in a drug store!
Happy feet ~ Mary D

barbara2 on 3/26/99 at 00:00 (005785)

NEVER apologize for being upbeat or feeling better!!
I, too have a long list of 'stuff' and when a while comes I feel good, boy do I get hyper! It just takes a step (oops, that wasn't really meant to be a pun) at a time.

BJ on 3/28/99 at 00:00 (005804)

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. It is wonderful to hear good news. Very best wishes

lori on 3/25/99 at 00:00 (005771)

Hi...So glad all is well with you ...What kind of inserts do you use?..Thanks!!!Best to you

Mary D/Seattle on 3/26/99 at 00:00 (005783)

After many years of investing in over the counter othosis, I had the insert custom fit by my Poditerist. It cost over $300 and my insurance paid most. They hurt at first, now I love them. As I see it the major difference is that he fit each foot and corrected each insert to fit the needs of that foot. Can't do that in a drug store!
Happy feet ~ Mary D

barbara2 on 3/26/99 at 00:00 (005785)

NEVER apologize for being upbeat or feeling better!!
I, too have a long list of 'stuff' and when a while comes I feel good, boy do I get hyper! It just takes a step (oops, that wasn't really meant to be a pun) at a time.

BJ on 3/28/99 at 00:00 (005804)

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. It is wonderful to hear good news. Very best wishes