Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf/heel spurs can't stand much more

Posted by maryj on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005830)

new to a computer and to this web site. i was amazed to see how many people have the same problem. i have been suffering with pf/heel spurs for over 4 years have tried just about everying. was told by my pod. that there isn't much more they can do. told to quit my job, yeah right!! i have a career that requires being on my feet 8-16 hours aday. told could try casting or surgey.

any suggesions would be appreciated.

thanks.

Re: pf/heel spurs can't stand much more

Debbie on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005835)

Maryj - I am and have been where you are with this ridiculous malady. I gave up my job ( on my feet 8-12 hours/day) for a desk job hoping to avoid surgery. It didn't help. I am worse off than ever. So be aware that changing jobs won't necsessarily make things better. No I have 2 porblems, a job I don't like and painful feet. I just saw Dr #3, am considering surgery. Will see Dr again later in April and make decision at that time. I have tried EVERYTHING (except casting) I can't get any worse than I am and need to get my life back. Good luck to you.

Alicia on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005842)

Maryj: If you are still trying to wear regular 'dress' shoes, try cross trainers with over the counter orthotics of custom made orthotics if you have them. (That is, if your work will allow tennies on the job.) I don't know what you have tried. Surgery should only be an option after you have tried other non-invasive treatments (lots of stretching, ice, anti-inflammatories, vitamin C, glucosamine, etc.- not necessarily all at the same time.) Read Scott's home page - learn everything you can about PF - read the messages on the board. Good luck, there are many of us who understand.

Debbie on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005835)

Maryj - I am and have been where you are with this ridiculous malady. I gave up my job ( on my feet 8-12 hours/day) for a desk job hoping to avoid surgery. It didn't help. I am worse off than ever. So be aware that changing jobs won't necsessarily make things better. No I have 2 porblems, a job I don't like and painful feet. I just saw Dr #3, am considering surgery. Will see Dr again later in April and make decision at that time. I have tried EVERYTHING (except casting) I can't get any worse than I am and need to get my life back. Good luck to you.

Alicia on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005842)

Maryj: If you are still trying to wear regular 'dress' shoes, try cross trainers with over the counter orthotics of custom made orthotics if you have them. (That is, if your work will allow tennies on the job.) I don't know what you have tried. Surgery should only be an option after you have tried other non-invasive treatments (lots of stretching, ice, anti-inflammatories, vitamin C, glucosamine, etc.- not necessarily all at the same time.) Read Scott's home page - learn everything you can about PF - read the messages on the board. Good luck, there are many of us who understand.