Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Debbie, I have a cast on right now......

Posted by Kris on 3/30/99 at 00:00 (005846)

I too have tried everything! Right now I am in a cast on my left foot which is the most painful of the two feet. It is removeable for my 3 x weekly P.T. appts, plus my showers :) thank goodness. I have had it 3 weeks now and I can feel that it is healing. The P.T. put the cast on to see if immobilizing it would give it time to heal. By being removeable they can still do the whirlpool, the stretching and iceing so that atrophy doesnt set in. I know it hasnt worked for everyone, but it seems not everything works well for everybody. Good Luck!

Re: Debbie, I have a cast on right now......

Dawn Stosch on 3/30/99 at 00:00 (005852)

Kris, How long were you suffering before opting for surgery? I really just want to have it done now, so I don't have to wait another 3-4 years before doing something. My son will be grown then (well, he is 2 now) and I will have missed all of the running int he parks, playing tag, etc.. with him.

I guess I am just a 'quick fix' kind of person, and not the cortisone fix--I got a shot yesterday, the first one, and really, the shot pain has gone away, but the heel pain has not.

Thanks!
Dawn

Re: Debbie, I have a cast on right now......

Dawn Stosch on 3/30/99 at 00:00 (005852)

Kris, How long were you suffering before opting for surgery? I really just want to have it done now, so I don't have to wait another 3-4 years before doing something. My son will be grown then (well, he is 2 now) and I will have missed all of the running int he parks, playing tag, etc.. with him.

I guess I am just a 'quick fix' kind of person, and not the cortisone fix--I got a shot yesterday, the first one, and really, the shot pain has gone away, but the heel pain has not.

Thanks!
Dawn