Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

VENTING

Posted by Kathy on 3/30/99 at 00:00 (005874)

Well, it's been about 2 years since I 1st noticed the pain in my heels and about 1 month since I've been to this board (you know, I don't actually know any of you, but I really missed you!) I just wanted to update you on my struggle. I was supposed to have surgery a couple of months ago, but since I only started my job last April, I have to wait until I become permanent (April 15) before I can even bring up the subject of that much time off. Isn't it ironic that my job is aggravating my PF, but there is nothing I can do about it because I am afraid of losing my job? I am a divrced mother of two, so I really can't take a pay cut to have a more 'sit-down job'. Currently I have to stand for 8 - 12 hours a day, with heavy lifting and climbing. I was recently told that my accruals of sick leave are kind of low. How do I defend myself? I can't tell my supervisor that I have PF and risk my job, but there are a lot of mornings I just can't put my feet on the floor without some heavy pain-killers first.
Well, I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent! and God Bless!