Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Check into the Family Medical Leave Act

Posted by Susan Linden on 3/30/99 at 00:00 (005883)

In this country we have the FMLA plan. They can not fire you for a condition that your doctor says falls within it's guidelines. It is the Family Medical Leave Act. Talk to your doctor about it. All he has to do is sign some forms. When the PF flairs up they have to let you off and they can not hold it against you. They do not have to pay you but they can not fire you. I suggest you look into it.

Re: Check into the Family Medical Leave Act

kris on 4/02/99 at 00:00 (005981)

With FMLA you will not get paid, if you have any way of getting short term disability insurance, buy it!!! then you can at least get some of your pay(mine is 60%) I have had heel pain for many years (about 7), but i have never had any dr. do anything exectp NSAIDS and some inserts, which no longer help. I can't hardly get up after i sit down to eat lunch!! (I work 12 hr shifts, i'm a nurse)I have to hobble back to my job! i would like to know more about taping, that sounds like it would help.

Re: Check into the Family Medical Leave Act

kris on 4/02/99 at 00:00 (005981)

With FMLA you will not get paid, if you have any way of getting short term disability insurance, buy it!!! then you can at least get some of your pay(mine is 60%) I have had heel pain for many years (about 7), but i have never had any dr. do anything exectp NSAIDS and some inserts, which no longer help. I can't hardly get up after i sit down to eat lunch!! (I work 12 hr shifts, i'm a nurse)I have to hobble back to my job! i would like to know more about taping, that sounds like it would help.