Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Here I go again!

Posted by angie on 3/31/99 at 00:00 (005891)

My feet were feeling so well -- what happened? My schedule got really crazy, I spent a week in New York City (no rest there!), etc. I'm on vacation at home this week and trying to take it easy and treat myself well. After reading the board today (and reviewing some other info I have) I am sitting here using my 'spiked' foot roller and ice packs alternately, will go eat breakfast and take my Anti-inflam and some vitamin C, and will switch to a differnt pair of of Birks today to see if that helps. I had been wearing an enclosed pair with really expensive socks and have been wearing sandals with lightweight socks -- I'm suspicious that the socks make a differnce because the shoes have the same footbed?

I have a book on nutritional healing and it suggested a 2 week raw food fast -- I think I'll just increase raw foods and decrease sugar and see what happens. It also talked about hot linseed oil packs to help relieve pain -- might check that out too -- it sounds soothing!

I'm frustrated because the pain level is such that I'm thinking I should go to a doctor that specializes in PF when I know there are things I should be consistently doing to help myself. I really belive ther is a nutrtional connection -- along with the mindbody truths -- I just have a hard time staying on top of the nutrition aspect and then that kicks into some negative mindbody stuff! Uuugggh!

Sorry so long -- thanks for listening!

Re: Here I go again!

Barb Lundeen on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006049)

Angie - I know how you feel - the story of the last 30 years of my life - no pain for a while (sometimes a long time) and then bang! Of course, after reviewing the last few days etc as you did it usually becomes clear that I have reinjured the old heels. A trip to New York must have really done you in! The diet connection is probably valid - I have taken LOTS of vitamins for years and I sure feel it if I miss a day or two - Hope you recover fast - and then remember the misery the next time you want to go on a week long walking trip. (I never remember until it's too late!)

Re: Here I go again!

Barb Lundeen on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006049)

Angie - I know how you feel - the story of the last 30 years of my life - no pain for a while (sometimes a long time) and then bang! Of course, after reviewing the last few days etc as you did it usually becomes clear that I have reinjured the old heels. A trip to New York must have really done you in! The diet connection is probably valid - I have taken LOTS of vitamins for years and I sure feel it if I miss a day or two - Hope you recover fast - and then remember the misery the next time you want to go on a week long walking trip. (I never remember until it's too late!)