Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My heal is not "healing"

Posted by Paula Sabellico on 3/31/99 at 00:00 (005908)

I had EPF on February 19, 1999 and I thought by now I would be feeling better. My original pain from the PF is pretty much relieved but I have a general weakness in my entire foot. It aches. Is this normal? My doctor has me back on anti-inflamatories and a soft cast. It seems to hold the foot together, so right now I'm doing a little better, but I think that if I take this support off, I feel like the foot will not hold me. Am I not waiting long enough? I don't blame the doctor, as he said I will eventually feel better. I had a soft cast on in January and during that time I had additional pain occur on the outside of my foot. I wonder if at that time, there was more micro-tearing of the ligament and now I really have no support! My doctor did not really address the outside of my foot, but since the surgery, my pain is mostly there. Anybody out there relate? Please reply. Thanks

Re: My heal is not "healing"

Suzy on 3/31/99 at 00:00 (005913)

Hi
I had My second surgery in Dec. It takes time to heal. Just take it easy and give it atleast a good 3 months and you will feel better. I think what you are going through is the same as me. Its the healing from the surgery thats going on right now.
Take care and reads tons on this great Page
Suzy

Densie on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005934)

I kinda have to agree with you Suzy. Keeping my fingers crossed. Had the surgery on 3/8/99 and the Dr. as well as the PT tells me the pain is from the surgery itself and not the Plantar Fasciitis. I have alot of mobility in the foot which I didn't have before the surgery so I think that is a good thing. Stretching is also very easy to do since the surgery and was very painful before. So I think those are good signs. Having PT 3 times a week seems to also help.

Suzy on 3/31/99 at 00:00 (005913)

Hi
I had My second surgery in Dec. It takes time to heal. Just take it easy and give it atleast a good 3 months and you will feel better. I think what you are going through is the same as me. Its the healing from the surgery thats going on right now.
Take care and reads tons on this great Page
Suzy

Densie on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005934)

I kinda have to agree with you Suzy. Keeping my fingers crossed. Had the surgery on 3/8/99 and the Dr. as well as the PT tells me the pain is from the surgery itself and not the Plantar Fasciitis. I have alot of mobility in the foot which I didn't have before the surgery so I think that is a good thing. Stretching is also very easy to do since the surgery and was very painful before. So I think those are good signs. Having PT 3 times a week seems to also help.