Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott..... A question

Posted by Jenni C. on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005941)

I often use ibuprofen for releif of PF usually daily. What can you tell me about the safety of using n-saids frequently? I hear talk of bleeding ulcers, stomach problems, etc. . This is my second time around for PF. 6 years ago last time and I've been bothered for almoat a year now this time. I use ortotics, Vit. c(1000 mg daily),
Gluc. sulfate, EPA/DHA fatty acids, dexamethasone injections weekly,
stretching, icing, etc. etc. I notice when it's about to storm or the barometer changes my feet really ache and are crampy feeling. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Your board is the greastest....I discovered it 6 months ago and learned so much.

Re: Scott..... A question

Scott on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005942)

NSAIDs are universally dangerous over the long-term. As a measure of their toxicity, one of the safest NSAIDs (aspirin) can kill you if you take around 70 in a single dose which is about the same number of pills of one of the most dangerous nutritional supplements (selenium) that MAY cause SOME negative effects if you take 70 every day for 6 months! Current thinking such as the unhealthy option of taking only 1,000 mg of vitamin C a day is amazing. The new expensive Celebrex drugs may not be as bad as aspirin. Review the nutritional supplement section of my main page for alternatives for inflammation relief. I would not trust any brand of EPA/DHA except for Barleans. With your symptoms of arthritis you are correct to be trying EPA/DHA. Flax oil should provide the precursor (Omega-3) for both. Please tell me more about the dexamethasone.

Jenni C. on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005945)

Dexametasone is a derivative to cortisone. It's an older method used by my podiatrist with virtually no adverse reactions. I will try to find out more info for you.Why isn't 1000 mg enough of the Vit. C ?

Scott on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005947)

1,000 mg is not enough because 99.9% of the animals on earth convert an average of 10,000 mg of valuable and much needed food energy (glucose) to 10,000 mg C (adjusted to human body weight). C is so valuable, they steal 2.5% of their daily food energy to make it. When injured or assaulted by a virus, it often increases to 20,000 mg C (5% of their food energy) to combat the attack. In evolutionary theory, these seemingly small percentages are astonishing. No evolutionary theorist (it's one of my hobbies) can look at this data and not say 'SOMETHING IS REALLY GOING ON HERE!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD ABOUT C IS SO IMPORTANT THAT ANIMALS REQUIRE IT SO MUCH??? AND HOW IN THE WORLD ARE HUMANS AND PRIMATES ABLE TO DO WITHOUT IT???'

Since there is a penalty for making C (losing food energy) 10,000 mg has to be considered a low value.

I am aware of studies that support 10,000 mg of C a day (for example, cancer patients live on average 4 times longer according to 3 excellent studies in 3 different countries - Japan, Canada, Scotland - the US medical industry refused to investigate it) but the theoretical arguments are so compelling that even direct studies on humans pale in comparison.

All this relates to PF because the production of collagen is C's primary task. PF is primarily a collagen (the fascia) problem.

Scott on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005942)

NSAIDs are universally dangerous over the long-term. As a measure of their toxicity, one of the safest NSAIDs (aspirin) can kill you if you take around 70 in a single dose which is about the same number of pills of one of the most dangerous nutritional supplements (selenium) that MAY cause SOME negative effects if you take 70 every day for 6 months! Current thinking such as the unhealthy option of taking only 1,000 mg of vitamin C a day is amazing. The new expensive Celebrex drugs may not be as bad as aspirin. Review the nutritional supplement section of my main page for alternatives for inflammation relief. I would not trust any brand of EPA/DHA except for Barleans. With your symptoms of arthritis you are correct to be trying EPA/DHA. Flax oil should provide the precursor (Omega-3) for both. Please tell me more about the dexamethasone.

Jenni C. on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005945)

Dexametasone is a derivative to cortisone. It's an older method used by my podiatrist with virtually no adverse reactions. I will try to find out more info for you.Why isn't 1000 mg enough of the Vit. C ?

Scott on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005947)

1,000 mg is not enough because 99.9% of the animals on earth convert an average of 10,000 mg of valuable and much needed food energy (glucose) to 10,000 mg C (adjusted to human body weight). C is so valuable, they steal 2.5% of their daily food energy to make it. When injured or assaulted by a virus, it often increases to 20,000 mg C (5% of their food energy) to combat the attack. In evolutionary theory, these seemingly small percentages are astonishing. No evolutionary theorist (it's one of my hobbies) can look at this data and not say 'SOMETHING IS REALLY GOING ON HERE!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD ABOUT C IS SO IMPORTANT THAT ANIMALS REQUIRE IT SO MUCH??? AND HOW IN THE WORLD ARE HUMANS AND PRIMATES ABLE TO DO WITHOUT IT???'

Since there is a penalty for making C (losing food energy) 10,000 mg has to be considered a low value.

I am aware of studies that support 10,000 mg of C a day (for example, cancer patients live on average 4 times longer according to 3 excellent studies in 3 different countries - Japan, Canada, Scotland - the US medical industry refused to investigate it) but the theoretical arguments are so compelling that even direct studies on humans pale in comparison.

All this relates to PF because the production of collagen is C's primary task. PF is primarily a collagen (the fascia) problem.