Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I Finally got help!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by R. Smith on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005949)

I live in Columbia, South Carolina. I have had heel pain for three years. I have been everywhere to get help. I have had series of steroid injections, pads, physical theropy and nothing has helped. I finally heard about Dr. Suber in Florence, SC. He has developed a surgery that left me with almost no scar. I had the surgery on Friday and was told to stay off my feet for three days. After that I could pretty much walk around ( with in reason ). I was in a surgery shoe for only 3 weeks. It has now been 12 weeks and it is completely well. It seemed like a miracle. I can't not say enough about it. If anyone has any questions please reply

Re: I Finally got help!!!!!!!!!!!

ken on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005955)

what kind of surgery was it? my dr. talks about a type of plantar release called ( not sure of spelling) percutaneous where he makes a tiny incision and just releases a small part of the tendon. Healing time is supposed to be extremely short. This is the only type of surgery that he said he would consider for me especially since i have very flat feet and he is worried about losing any remaining arch support.

R. Smith on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006021)

My doctor says any release of the plantar fascia could cause the foot to collaspe. He explained it as a rubber band that stretches the entire length of the foot. It is the major support of the entire foot. He also stressed the heel spur acted as a foriegn body and must be removed in order to get rid of the pain.
The surgery left a small punture wound on the bottom of my heel, where he used some instrument to 'erase' the spur. The only damage to the fascia was the small hole he had to make in it to get to the spur. I had never heard of it but it worked great. The day I got mine done he had five other heel spur surgeries that day. He is the only Podiatrist or any other doctor that does so many. He must be on to something.

soni on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006243)

hi,
was the surgery something like making an incision and 'filing' the spur away? that's what my podiatrist told me...
i am very nervous about the surgery option, tho' i've tried everything else and nothing seems to work. with 2 toddlers at home, i can't exactly take the risk easy.
please post the contact number of this doctor/podiatrist. why did'nt you see an orthopedic surgeon?

ken on 4/01/99 at 00:00 (005955)

what kind of surgery was it? my dr. talks about a type of plantar release called ( not sure of spelling) percutaneous where he makes a tiny incision and just releases a small part of the tendon. Healing time is supposed to be extremely short. This is the only type of surgery that he said he would consider for me especially since i have very flat feet and he is worried about losing any remaining arch support.

R. Smith on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006021)

My doctor says any release of the plantar fascia could cause the foot to collaspe. He explained it as a rubber band that stretches the entire length of the foot. It is the major support of the entire foot. He also stressed the heel spur acted as a foriegn body and must be removed in order to get rid of the pain.
The surgery left a small punture wound on the bottom of my heel, where he used some instrument to 'erase' the spur. The only damage to the fascia was the small hole he had to make in it to get to the spur. I had never heard of it but it worked great. The day I got mine done he had five other heel spur surgeries that day. He is the only Podiatrist or any other doctor that does so many. He must be on to something.

soni on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006243)

hi,
was the surgery something like making an incision and 'filing' the spur away? that's what my podiatrist told me...
i am very nervous about the surgery option, tho' i've tried everything else and nothing seems to work. with 2 toddlers at home, i can't exactly take the risk easy.
please post the contact number of this doctor/podiatrist. why did'nt you see an orthopedic surgeon?