Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interested in more info

Posted by Sue B. on 4/02/99 at 00:00 (005977)

I'm interested in more information on the type of surgery--also did you just have heel pain or did you have arch pain as well?

Thanks.
Sue B.

Re: Interested in more info

R.Smith on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006020)

I had very bad heel pain in the mornings and after periods of rest. The pain was so bad I could hardly walk in the mornings. He called the surgery 'minimal' excision. There was a small puncture wound on the bottom of my heel and he used something to 'erase' the spur. You could hardly even tell I had surgery if you looked at my heel. I have never heard of this type procedure but he did over 150 of these type surgeries last year according to the hospital.

Re: Interested in more info

R.Smith on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006020)

I had very bad heel pain in the mornings and after periods of rest. The pain was so bad I could hardly walk in the mornings. He called the surgery 'minimal' excision. There was a small puncture wound on the bottom of my heel and he used something to 'erase' the spur. You could hardly even tell I had surgery if you looked at my heel. I have never heard of this type procedure but he did over 150 of these type surgeries last year according to the hospital.