Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tae-Bo Exercise Tape

Posted by Michelle on 4/03/99 at 00:00 (005996)

I have been doing the new exercise craze, Tae-Bo, for about a week and I have lost 3lbs :) It really is a low impact workout that doesn't make my feet hurt. There are a few parts where you are supposed to bounce, but I just stand still. There even are a few parts that if your feet really are hurting, you can sit down and still workout your arms. I really enjoy doing Tae-Bo and would recommend it to anyone.

Re: Tae-Bo Exercise Tape

Dee on 4/04/99 at 00:00 (006006)

Michelle do you have PF on either one of your feet? And if so do you tape your foot when you do Tae-Bo? I would love to do it but I had surgery about a month ago and I know its to soon but it would give me something to look forward to.

Michelle on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006013)

I have PF in both feet and I do not tape my feet. I find it is easier to do Tae-Bo w/no shoes on. I know that being bare foot is one of the worst things to do, but it works for me. I started out only doing about 10 minutes of the 20 minute tape. I wanted to see how my feet were going to react. Then each day, I have added a few more minutes and I have completed the tape once now. Hopefully after you fully recover from surgery, you will be able to start doing Tae-Bo. Good Luck!!

Jane on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006015)

How are you people getting through the Tae-Bo? I started with some of the stretched at the beginning and it was killing my heel so I had to quit!

Michelle on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006019)

When I take the first few steps out of bed in the morning, I have a lot of pain. However, I do Tae-Bo about an hour after I get up because the pain has subsided by then. Like I said before, I started out slowly so I wouldn't do any damage to my feet. I feel the the stretching exercises really help the calf muscles and hopefully are staying loose. I have noticed a slight decrease in pain since I started.

Dee on 4/04/99 at 00:00 (006006)

Michelle do you have PF on either one of your feet? And if so do you tape your foot when you do Tae-Bo? I would love to do it but I had surgery about a month ago and I know its to soon but it would give me something to look forward to.

Michelle on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006013)

I have PF in both feet and I do not tape my feet. I find it is easier to do Tae-Bo w/no shoes on. I know that being bare foot is one of the worst things to do, but it works for me. I started out only doing about 10 minutes of the 20 minute tape. I wanted to see how my feet were going to react. Then each day, I have added a few more minutes and I have completed the tape once now. Hopefully after you fully recover from surgery, you will be able to start doing Tae-Bo. Good Luck!!

Jane on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006015)

How are you people getting through the Tae-Bo? I started with some of the stretched at the beginning and it was killing my heel so I had to quit!

Michelle on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006019)

When I take the first few steps out of bed in the morning, I have a lot of pain. However, I do Tae-Bo about an hour after I get up because the pain has subsided by then. Like I said before, I started out slowly so I wouldn't do any damage to my feet. I feel the the stretching exercises really help the calf muscles and hopefully are staying loose. I have noticed a slight decrease in pain since I started.