Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Biking

Posted by John C. on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006016)

I am a former (and hope to be again) runner. My PF began in April of last year. Since then I have tried everything and have improved greatly. I have tried unsuccessfully to resume running at a very slow level. This still increases the pain and I have had to back off for now. I go to a gym, work out with weights, do stair master, and the new eliptical trainer. I seem to be able to do nearly anything but run.
Last Friday, Good Friday, was a beautiful day here in Birmingham. I was off but my better half had to work. Instead of doing chores around the house all day, I decided to take my mountain bike out to a local park and ride. It was great! I biked for 2 1/2 hours and haven't enjoyed doing something like that in a long time. No pain.

If you have an old bike hanging around the house gathering dust, you just might enjoy a nice ride this spring.

Hope this helps.

Re: Biking

Alicia on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006026)

John C. - Biking has been the only thing I can do to exercise. I used to love walking, aerobic and step classes. You're right, biking can be a god send for those of us who can't weight bear.

Re: Biking

Alicia on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006026)

John C. - Biking has been the only thing I can do to exercise. I used to love walking, aerobic and step classes. You're right, biking can be a god send for those of us who can't weight bear.