Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Dexamethosone

Posted by Rosalind on 4/05/99 at 00:00 (006031)

My physical therapist gave me dexamethasone by iontophoresis two times. Both times it was quite painful and it felt like electrical shocks going through my foot. He set the current to reduce the pain and it took about 20 minutes to deliver the dosage. For about a day afterwards, I was much much worse off than before. After the second time, the physical therapist said he wouldn't do that again, and I said good, 'cause I wasn't going to let him do it again.

Mary Ann on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006035)

I had 9 iontopheresis treatments. I didn't feel the kind of pain you had, only felt a little tingling. I didn't have very good results. Only over 1 weekend I had no pain, very odd, but that one treatment was given by a different person, if that made a difference i don''t know.
I continue to have pain every day, some not as bad. The botttom of my foot feels swollen as the day goes on. I had minimal pain on Easter and then did some yard work yesterday and have lots of pain now. I wish something would help for longer than a day.

Mary Ann on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006035)

I had 9 iontopheresis treatments. I didn't feel the kind of pain you had, only felt a little tingling. I didn't have very good results. Only over 1 weekend I had no pain, very odd, but that one treatment was given by a different person, if that made a difference i don''t know.
I continue to have pain every day, some not as bad. The botttom of my foot feels swollen as the day goes on. I had minimal pain on Easter and then did some yard work yesterday and have lots of pain now. I wish something would help for longer than a day.