Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Qi Gong is Excellent and Don't Give up on Orthotics

Posted by Rosalind on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006032)

Someone asked about Qi Gong a while ago. I have been doing it regularly for about a month now and have noticed significant improvements. When I first started Qi Gong, I had to sit for about half of the time and now I stand through all but one of the movements.
In addition, late last week I bit the bullet and got my third (!) pair of custom orthotics and they have already made a big difference. Each kind of orthtotic was very different, and I believe it is worth it to keep trying 'till you find ones that work, even though it is expensive. I am still getting used to them, but considering the last pair were excrutiating (I had a lot of nerve pain then too), I am very hopeful... For the first time since I was diagnosed with pf, I can do my stretches without making things worse AND I took my dog for a 40 minute walk yesterday.

I also think acupuncture helped what was probably tarsal tunnel syndrome and the awful pain that came with that. I have also been taking a stress reduction class and doing lots of things simultaneously posted on this board. A few other things that I found helpful were changing shoes frequently (I always had 1 to 2 pairs of shoes in a backpack with me) rather than walking through the pain. Changing socks makes a difference too, because my feet are sooo sensitive to pressure. For a lot of the time I can't wear any socks, but I find the Thorlo socks that have LESS padding in the arch to be the best kind of socks to wear. That was a surprise to me, but what that does is let the shoe snug up better and support the arch.

What I am more than anything right now is hopeful. And I just want to pass on to keep trying. There IS a formula that will work, even though it may be different for everyone. Good luck!!!!