Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Have been feeling better! First time in 2 years! And annoying doctors.

Posted by Rebecca on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006033)

HI folks, just had to come and crow a little bit! I am quite thrilled! My feet are feeling much better. I am walking much less since quitting my job and that helps a lot! I also started taking 1 Advil (iboprufen) thrice a day, as well as 1000mg Vit C and my pharmacist recomended Magnesium. I asked about taking more Vit C but he said i'd be wasting $$$ as the excess just gets flushed out.

One more thing i've been doing is paying a great deal of attention to my foot placement when i sit. I've always had the silly habit of twisting them around chairlegs and kept them at impossible angles. Now i pay attention and place them level on the ground.

Time will tell how long this will last. I'll start stretching again. For a while my feet hurt too much for that but i think i can try it again.

On a more annoying note i seem to have a sort of contact dermatitis (fancy word for allergy) on my face or eczema and my dermatologist doesn't have a clue what to do. So i'll need to change to another DR. This current one and I hate each other too. I ask a lot of questions and read a lot and she hates that. C'mon! One visit she tells me Cortizone is the worst thing for me (i also have Rosacea) and the next visit she prescribes it. And i'm supposed to just take it?

Anyone ever notice that doctors think they are doing us a favor by treating us and we have no right to educate ourselves about our bodies and conditions? We pay them!!!! It's my money, my body, my health and i'll jolly well ask any questions until I understand what the problem is and exactly what they are planning to do. It's time doc's catch up with the rest of America's service providers, consumers are getting very informed and just because they've (docs) spent 6 years in school doesn't mean they have become deified and are above being held accountable. The damned arrogance p*sses me off.

Well, i'll surrender the soap box now and go scratch the skin off my face some more. Then i shall walk (not limp) to the newspaper office (from the parking lot to the office of course :))and argue with the person who decides what ad goes where! :) Maybe she'll get so scared by my appearance she'll concede and place the ad where i need it!

:) to you all!

Rebecca

Re: Have been feeling better! First time in 2 years! And annoying doctors.

BarbJ on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006036)

Rebecca--thanks so much for sharing--you made my day! And I am glad your feet are better too...

Scott on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006038)

1600 IU of E orally and some applied directly to the skin will help the eczema. Yes, C flushes out of the system in a few hours. That's why it needs to be taken with each meal. Your pharmacist has not been trained on C. I trust noble prizes winners and doctors that have studied C for 40 years more than a drug store pharmacist.

Dad on 4/09/99 at 00:00 (006096)

To pass a little time in the dentist's office today, picked up a magazine 'Health & Nutrition Breakthroughs', March 1999 issue. Very interesting article titled 'Wear & Tear - Relieving chronic joint pain may be as easy as A, C and E'. The article describes the antioxidants A, C and E and how these vitamins can help. A chart with the article lists daily amounts of C from 500 to 4000mg. Also mentions that Vitamin C significantly lessens cartilage erosion.
Even though the article was geared to osteoarthritis, I believe it is applicable to us suffering with PF.
Scott - how would you recommend starting a Vitamin C program? I'm currently taking a standard vitamin pill with 125mg Vitamin C, once a day. Tomorrow, I start! Thanks

BarbJ on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006036)

Rebecca--thanks so much for sharing--you made my day! And I am glad your feet are better too...

Scott on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006038)

1600 IU of E orally and some applied directly to the skin will help the eczema. Yes, C flushes out of the system in a few hours. That's why it needs to be taken with each meal. Your pharmacist has not been trained on C. I trust noble prizes winners and doctors that have studied C for 40 years more than a drug store pharmacist.

Dad on 4/09/99 at 00:00 (006096)

To pass a little time in the dentist's office today, picked up a magazine 'Health & Nutrition Breakthroughs', March 1999 issue. Very interesting article titled 'Wear & Tear - Relieving chronic joint pain may be as easy as A, C and E'. The article describes the antioxidants A, C and E and how these vitamins can help. A chart with the article lists daily amounts of C from 500 to 4000mg. Also mentions that Vitamin C significantly lessens cartilage erosion.
Even though the article was geared to osteoarthritis, I believe it is applicable to us suffering with PF.
Scott - how would you recommend starting a Vitamin C program? I'm currently taking a standard vitamin pill with 125mg Vitamin C, once a day. Tomorrow, I start! Thanks