Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Confused

Posted by Jeanne on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006042)

After going to a podiatrist for about 2 months, I have had a total of 6 cortisone shots ( 3 in each heel ), orthodics made, and physical therapy (wax and whirlpool). My podiatrist has run out of ideas. He has left me with basically 2 choices: Live with it or have surgery. I have an appointment with an orthopedic Dr. to get a second opinion.Any other ideas anyone has would be most appreciated. I'm a teacher, and I spend about 90-95% of my day on my feet. Daily living in general has begun to be very painful. By the way, my husband just said I should include where I live (South Jersey) to see if anyone out there has any Dr. recommendations. Anyone?

Re: Confused

shugga on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006043)

I live in North Jersey, and have a good Dr. He is in Dumont Nj. Dr. Rossi on Washington Ave. in Dumont NJ 07628.

mary on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006044)

I'm sure the ortho will tell you no more shots!!!! I've had some improvement with anti-inflammatory drugs (relafen, right now), night splints and stretching. It's going to be hard to stay off your feet with your job, but you really need to rest your feet so they can heal.
Good luck. (One doctor told me NO cortisone shots - it can permanently damage your heel pad)

Paula on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006048)

I feel your pain. I followed the same pattern of pain that you are going through. I had cortizone to no avail, custom orthotics made that never quite felt right, PT for a month, a soft cast, a hard walking cast and finally my surgery on 2/19/99. I have to say that the original PF pain is gone, but my foot is still not happy. Maybe it's too soon. It feels weak and there are other pains throughout the foot. I am back in a soft cast and back on anti-inflamatories and it seems to helpl my healing. You may be destined like I was for surgery. Keep in mind that it will still take you many months to recover. Maybe you can atime it for the summer so you are off. Good luck.

shugga on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006043)

I live in North Jersey, and have a good Dr. He is in Dumont Nj. Dr. Rossi on Washington Ave. in Dumont NJ 07628.

mary on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006044)

I'm sure the ortho will tell you no more shots!!!! I've had some improvement with anti-inflammatory drugs (relafen, right now), night splints and stretching. It's going to be hard to stay off your feet with your job, but you really need to rest your feet so they can heal.
Good luck. (One doctor told me NO cortisone shots - it can permanently damage your heel pad)

Paula on 4/06/99 at 00:00 (006048)

I feel your pain. I followed the same pattern of pain that you are going through. I had cortizone to no avail, custom orthotics made that never quite felt right, PT for a month, a soft cast, a hard walking cast and finally my surgery on 2/19/99. I have to say that the original PF pain is gone, but my foot is still not happy. Maybe it's too soon. It feels weak and there are other pains throughout the foot. I am back in a soft cast and back on anti-inflamatories and it seems to helpl my healing. You may be destined like I was for surgery. Keep in mind that it will still take you many months to recover. Maybe you can atime it for the summer so you are off. Good luck.