Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Yeah! Some Good News For A Change (especially the overweight!!)

Posted by Melanie on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006055)

Hi! I am so happy!! I want everyone out there that is overweight to
try to lose it! I had previously told everyone about Weight Watchers. I joined about 12 weeks ago and have lost almost 20lbs. Let me tell you all, it is the best thing I have ever done!! I am 27 years old and was diagnosed w/PF almost 1 year ago. I would get up in the a.m. and could barely walk! I tried Birkenstocks (which I still wear on
a regular basis because I think they are comfortable anyway) I went to
a physical therapist, a podiatrist, tried orthotics, you name it, I did it! Even the cortisone! However, I drew the line at surgery. Anyway, I am babbling but now that I have lost the weight, my pain has been minimized by at least 80%! I can walk on my treadmill for 1/2 hour every day w/no discomfort! I have been able to wear my sneakers again WITHOUT ORTHOTICS!! and just in general feel much better. My podiatrist had told me that the PF wasn't caused by my being slightly overweight however, he did say any weight that I could lose would cause less added pressure on my foot and therefore help the PF pain. Boy was he right! I hope this gives some hope for the overweight! Soon, maybe I'll even try to jog again!! KEEP HOPING!

Re: Yeah! Some Good News For A Change (especially the overweight!!)

BarbJ on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006056)

From a fellow WW-er. I have also lost 20 pounds (and I am 53!) since September at WW but have hit a wall lately and gained back 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks--even with exercise. But, I am not giving up and do attest that WW does work, especially if you keep writing in the food journal! Anyway, great news and keep it up. Your note encourages me not to give up. Best, BarbJ

soni on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006242)

hi,
read your message on the heelspur page(which i visit often enough), and felt i had to write to you.
well, for the 1st time, i found someone who was youn as i am and suffering with this wretched pain.
i am 28 yrs old, have 2 toddlers at home and am suffering from PF for the past 2 years.
I've done the whole circus, shots, orthotics, ultrasound, but now have a heelspur. the pain is getting intense so have decided on the surgery though' am very NERVOUS about it.
I have all along felt that my weight was the cause for it, I've put on 20 pounds after my 2 kids, who are just a year apart.! I weigh roughly 165 lbs. on a 5'6' frame. acc to the stats though' am slightly overweight, I suspect otherwise. now, how is the weightwatchers? please could you let me know what exactly they do and how do u lose weight without being able to exercise?

hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Soni.

have a nice day.....;)

BarbJ on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006056)

From a fellow WW-er. I have also lost 20 pounds (and I am 53!) since September at WW but have hit a wall lately and gained back 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks--even with exercise. But, I am not giving up and do attest that WW does work, especially if you keep writing in the food journal! Anyway, great news and keep it up. Your note encourages me not to give up. Best, BarbJ

soni on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006242)

hi,
read your message on the heelspur page(which i visit often enough), and felt i had to write to you.
well, for the 1st time, i found someone who was youn as i am and suffering with this wretched pain.
i am 28 yrs old, have 2 toddlers at home and am suffering from PF for the past 2 years.
I've done the whole circus, shots, orthotics, ultrasound, but now have a heelspur. the pain is getting intense so have decided on the surgery though' am very NERVOUS about it.
I have all along felt that my weight was the cause for it, I've put on 20 pounds after my 2 kids, who are just a year apart.! I weigh roughly 165 lbs. on a 5'6' frame. acc to the stats though' am slightly overweight, I suspect otherwise. now, how is the weightwatchers? please could you let me know what exactly they do and how do u lose weight without being able to exercise?

hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Soni.

have a nice day.....;)