Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes to wear at work

Posted by Vicki on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006065)

After reading the testimonials I'm running (well, more like limping) and getting some Birks right away. However, I can't wear them at work -- dress code and all. Any suggestions on slightly dressier shoes to wear at work?

Re: Shoes to wear at work

Cathie on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006074)

Check out some of the Birkenstock websites. You may find a style that would be acceptable for where you work. Good luck!

Barb Lundeen on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006079)

You might also look at Cobbie Cuddlers - They are sold at KMart and are reasonalby priced - They have been a treasure to me - you can try a pair and if they are not what you want you can return them (30 days)
They come in all kinds of style - I wear the walking shoes all the timeand they really help!

Kris on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006080)

I havent tried them but I read a while back on these boards someone was having great success with Easy Spirits. Check back a ways on these messages. Good Luck!

maureen on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006082)

I bought a pair of Mephisto shoes about a month ago, and I love them!
They look very professional with slacks, provide good arch support, a strong heel, and don't twist easily. I found them at Nordstom. I'm still a little stumped as to attractive, supportive shoes to wear with skirts, but I'll wear slacks until I find something I like. Good luck!

MELODY on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006087)

I have had great success with SOHO's found at KMART. They have white
dress sandles-that I am able to wear to work. They also have white
sneakers that are very comfortable. I can't wear them to drive because they are a small platform--but to walk in them is like walking
on a cloud! They have arch support also. Best of luck!

Terri on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007834)

My elderly mother is having problems with her feet. I understand that Mephisto shoes could help her. However, she is on a limited income so we are looking for something that is 50-75% off retail. Do you have any sale or discontinued shoes in size 11 that are similar to the following models? Holiday, Lady, Lucy, Rafeala, Savana, Wanda, or Rush Thank you, Terri

lorraine on 6/25/99 at 00:00 (008132)

I too have been trying to find the sneaker type of cobbie cuddler and have been unable to find them at Kmart. Any suggestions as to where I might find them in the Long Island area.

Thanks

ms caledonia on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008398)

Hi Barb,do you know where I might find the Cobbie Cuddlers with a Velcro closure? The K-Mart in my area discontinued them.I might resort to walking bare footed to work.Thanks for any help you might offer!

Terri Zunis on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008843)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I did find these wonderful shoes and KMart, however, what prompted me to buy them was the fact that they support Breast Cancer Research. That little pink ribbon at the bottom of their label was wonderful to see.

karen hayes on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008997)

help!!! I have tricky feet. I want to buy a pair of Cobbie Cuddlers (sorry don't know the style, but they look like old lady shoes (my friends tease me about them),,white w/tie. Can only find them @ K-mart, but they only carry wide widths in this style. I need a regular width. How or where can I find a narrower pair than wide in size
9 1/2!!!!! My K-mart says they only come in wide.

Cathie on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006074)

Check out some of the Birkenstock websites. You may find a style that would be acceptable for where you work. Good luck!

Barb Lundeen on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006079)

You might also look at Cobbie Cuddlers - They are sold at KMart and are reasonalby priced - They have been a treasure to me - you can try a pair and if they are not what you want you can return them (30 days)
They come in all kinds of style - I wear the walking shoes all the timeand they really help!

Kris on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006080)

I havent tried them but I read a while back on these boards someone was having great success with Easy Spirits. Check back a ways on these messages. Good Luck!

maureen on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006082)

I bought a pair of Mephisto shoes about a month ago, and I love them!
They look very professional with slacks, provide good arch support, a strong heel, and don't twist easily. I found them at Nordstom. I'm still a little stumped as to attractive, supportive shoes to wear with skirts, but I'll wear slacks until I find something I like. Good luck!

MELODY on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006087)

I have had great success with SOHO's found at KMART. They have white
dress sandles-that I am able to wear to work. They also have white
sneakers that are very comfortable. I can't wear them to drive because they are a small platform--but to walk in them is like walking
on a cloud! They have arch support also. Best of luck!

Terri on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007834)

My elderly mother is having problems with her feet. I understand that Mephisto shoes could help her. However, she is on a limited income so we are looking for something that is 50-75% off retail. Do you have any sale or discontinued shoes in size 11 that are similar to the following models? Holiday, Lady, Lucy, Rafeala, Savana, Wanda, or Rush Thank you, Terri

lorraine on 6/25/99 at 00:00 (008132)

I too have been trying to find the sneaker type of cobbie cuddler and have been unable to find them at Kmart. Any suggestions as to where I might find them in the Long Island area.

Thanks

ms caledonia on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008398)

Hi Barb,do you know where I might find the Cobbie Cuddlers with a Velcro closure? The K-Mart in my area discontinued them.I might resort to walking bare footed to work.Thanks for any help you might offer!

Terri Zunis on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008843)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I did find these wonderful shoes and KMart, however, what prompted me to buy them was the fact that they support Breast Cancer Research. That little pink ribbon at the bottom of their label was wonderful to see.

karen hayes on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008997)

help!!! I have tricky feet. I want to buy a pair of Cobbie Cuddlers (sorry don't know the style, but they look like old lady shoes (my friends tease me about them),,white w/tie. Can only find them @ K-mart, but they only carry wide widths in this style. I need a regular width. How or where can I find a narrower pair than wide in size
9 1/2!!!!! My K-mart says they only come in wide.