Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Maureen - Light weight hiking shoes

Posted by Rosalind on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006071)

Maureen - Thank you so much for the information on the medium weight hiking boots. I think they are a bit more sturdy that I can tolerate right now and wondered if you would be so kind to let me know what were the lightweight boots your doctor recommended for people with plantar fasciitis. Thank you.

Re: Maureen - Light weight hiking shoes

Maureen on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006081)

Hi Rosalind! I'm so glad that your feet are feeling well enough to dream of hiking! On the list of boots recommended for day hiking, my Dr. marked a couple as being the most preferable: TRS Competition and TRS Ultra, both by Montrail. The others on the list are: X-Mountain by Salomon;, Euro II by Timberland; M2 Blast by Merrill, Collina by Zamberlain; Alpha III and Clarion Impact by Vasque; and Monarche by Raichle. Happy trails!

Diane F. on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006088)

I love the x-hiking by salomon myself.. they are great with the birk inserts.Bought them before I discovered birks and was the only thing I could wear to walk at all. With the birk inserts they became the greatest thing since sliced bread hehe. Will have to look at the other ones you mention, could use a change :).

Betty on 4/09/99 at 00:00 (006090)

Hi,

I have had PF since last November. I had 3 cortisone injections with no results. I went to therapy with no results. Now I have a night splint. That seems to be helping somewhat, but not enough so I can resume my 4 miles of walking 3 times a week. I really miss this excercise. I can manage 3 miles, but by the second I am beginning to hurt so we quite at 3. I can't figure out if this is so prevelent in walkers and runners there isn't something more effective to help. I am not a true athelete. My husband and I just enjoy walking. So what does someone who is more serious than I do when they come up against this sort or problem. Help!!!! I am tired of sore feet. I can't imagine being like this for the rest of my life. I am anxious to get back to my regular routine.

fgpskfg on 5/29/99 at 00:00 (007310)

Maureen on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006081)

Hi Rosalind! I'm so glad that your feet are feeling well enough to dream of hiking! On the list of boots recommended for day hiking, my Dr. marked a couple as being the most preferable: TRS Competition and TRS Ultra, both by Montrail. The others on the list are: X-Mountain by Salomon;, Euro II by Timberland; M2 Blast by Merrill, Collina by Zamberlain; Alpha III and Clarion Impact by Vasque; and Monarche by Raichle. Happy trails!

Diane F. on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006088)

I love the x-hiking by salomon myself.. they are great with the birk inserts.Bought them before I discovered birks and was the only thing I could wear to walk at all. With the birk inserts they became the greatest thing since sliced bread hehe. Will have to look at the other ones you mention, could use a change :).

Betty on 4/09/99 at 00:00 (006090)

Hi,

I have had PF since last November. I had 3 cortisone injections with no results. I went to therapy with no results. Now I have a night splint. That seems to be helping somewhat, but not enough so I can resume my 4 miles of walking 3 times a week. I really miss this excercise. I can manage 3 miles, but by the second I am beginning to hurt so we quite at 3. I can't figure out if this is so prevelent in walkers and runners there isn't something more effective to help. I am not a true athelete. My husband and I just enjoy walking. So what does someone who is more serious than I do when they come up against this sort or problem. Help!!!! I am tired of sore feet. I can't imagine being like this for the rest of my life. I am anxious to get back to my regular routine.

fgpskfg on 5/29/99 at 00:00 (007310)