Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

no pain tho?

Posted by Lyndel on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006072)

Ok, I have no pain when I go barefoot. In fact, after a day on my feet in my orthotics, my feet feel better barefoot on the carpet... My heels kill me in my orthos. In fact, I'm going back to Pod to get them readjusted as others say you need to every 6 months or so. So the questions remains....why do my feet feel better barefoot on the carpet after wearing orthotics all day????

Thanks for any input.

Lyndel

Re: no pain tho?

C. Miller on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006085)

You are wearing your orthotics too much. You should wear them only a few hours a day until you get used to them. Your doc should have told you that. It may in fact take up to a month for you to get comfortable wearing them. After that they will make your feet feel better.

Re: no pain tho?

C. Miller on 4/08/99 at 00:00 (006085)

You are wearing your orthotics too much. You should wear them only a few hours a day until you get used to them. Your doc should have told you that. It may in fact take up to a month for you to get comfortable wearing them. After that they will make your feet feel better.