Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Vitamin C Question Answered

Posted by Scott on 4/10/99 at 00:00 (006103)

After my recent tirade here on vitamin C, I've been thinking about the issue of 'how much'. My posts indicate I think it's best to take up to 20,000 grams spread out over each day in the powder form as long as it doesn't cause gas, and I still advocate this, but since most people have only easy access to pills that cost 5 cents per 1,000 mg ($1 a day at 20,000 mg to swallow 5 pills 4 times a day), and since I believe you get about 2/3 the benefit at only 4,000 mg, I'll have to say take 1 or 2 pills (1,000 mg) with each meal and at bedtime or more if it doesn't bother you. But if you can get access to the cheap ascorbic acid powder from a chemical company ... go like me and a few of my friends ... whole hog 20,000 mg a day. And, like I've said before, I and a few of my friends have had to 'force' ourselves into. The benefits of the large doses are so noticeable that we don't want to miss any.

Just start at 2,000 mg with a meal and if it doesn't cause gas, there's no problem.