Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EPF Success - Twice

Posted by Nancy on 4/11/99 at 00:00 (006104)

After a year of pain, anti-flammatories, taping and PT I had my first EPF surgery (left foot) in September 1998. I am happy to say that now I am 99% pain free. I just have my second surgery (right foot) 2 1/2 weeks ago and feeling better and better each day. Each surgery was different. The first I was in a cast and cruthes with absoultly no weight for a week. The second I'm in a boot till Thursday (3 weeks). Believe me, I was really scared about having the surgery after reading all these message, but I'm sure glad I went ahead amd had it done. I know the pain you are all feeling, so good luck to each of you.

Re: EPF Success - Twice

kelus on 4/11/99 at 00:00 (006105)

Nancy, I was wondering why you were only down for one week with one foot, and 3 weeks with the other?
Which one seems like it worked the best?

Could you also share with us who your doctor is and from which state?

I am so glad to hear a success story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing it with us!!

Janet

Becky on 4/12/99 at 00:00 (006113)

Perahps this explains why my EPF failed. My doctor had me walking the next day. I was in a boot for a few days but he told me to put pressure on it so I did. I am really mad now, figures.

Re: EPF Success - Twice Attn: Nancy

Denise on 4/12/99 at 00:00 (006114)

I had the EPF surgery in March and was wondering what you did for recovery? I am doing PT right now and that does seem to work. The PT massages the heel telling me that he is breaking up the scare tissue. I just bough New Balance Sneakers on Rec. of my Dr. and I can only wear them for a little while. Can't wear my orthodics either. Too much pressure along the side of my foot and arch. Please let me know you secret. I had the old surgery on my other foot about 4 years ago and it was a success. They only thing with that it was a long recovery. A cast for 5 weeks and PT for 4 weeks.

Nancy on 4/12/99 at 00:00 (006131)

I asked my doctor the same question. He's changed his procedure and I will say the second one is more convinent. No crutches. I did stay off of my feet as much as I could for the first week with the second surgery only getting up when it was necessary. I still have some pain at the incension but it took 2-3 months to completely heal after my first surgery. As for recovery - no PT just wearing my orthodics and I do stretch before I get out of bed in the morning. My doctor did say I could wear a regular shoe after two weeks but would really like me to wear the boot so I am.

My great doctor is Dr. Charles Connell in Arizona.

kelus on 4/11/99 at 00:00 (006105)

Nancy, I was wondering why you were only down for one week with one foot, and 3 weeks with the other?
Which one seems like it worked the best?

Could you also share with us who your doctor is and from which state?

I am so glad to hear a success story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing it with us!!

Janet

Becky on 4/12/99 at 00:00 (006113)

Perahps this explains why my EPF failed. My doctor had me walking the next day. I was in a boot for a few days but he told me to put pressure on it so I did. I am really mad now, figures.

Re: EPF Success - Twice Attn: Nancy

Denise on 4/12/99 at 00:00 (006114)

I had the EPF surgery in March and was wondering what you did for recovery? I am doing PT right now and that does seem to work. The PT massages the heel telling me that he is breaking up the scare tissue. I just bough New Balance Sneakers on Rec. of my Dr. and I can only wear them for a little while. Can't wear my orthodics either. Too much pressure along the side of my foot and arch. Please let me know you secret. I had the old surgery on my other foot about 4 years ago and it was a success. They only thing with that it was a long recovery. A cast for 5 weeks and PT for 4 weeks.

Nancy on 4/12/99 at 00:00 (006131)

I asked my doctor the same question. He's changed his procedure and I will say the second one is more convinent. No crutches. I did stay off of my feet as much as I could for the first week with the second surgery only getting up when it was necessary. I still have some pain at the incension but it took 2-3 months to completely heal after my first surgery. As for recovery - no PT just wearing my orthodics and I do stretch before I get out of bed in the morning. My doctor did say I could wear a regular shoe after two weeks but would really like me to wear the boot so I am.

My great doctor is Dr. Charles Connell in Arizona.