Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Diagnosis tomorrow - I hope

Posted by Dancer on 4/14/99 at 00:00 (006155)

Hello everyone - I'm finally going to a Dr tomorow after 2 months of gradually worsening pain. At first, my heel hurt in the morning for only 5 minutes after getting out of bed and walking, now it is hurting almost all the time. It is a deep pain in the left bottom heel, and I also have tenderness and pain on the left and right sides of my heel when I squeeze it with my hand. However, after I walk awhile it seems to get better. I also have swelling on the sides and bottom of my heel.

I'm not sure this is plantar fascitis - my arch doesn't hurt at all. But I have been dancing barefoot for over 20 years (hobby, not full time!) and maybe damaged my heel pad (???). Anyone have or had similar symptoms?

Re: Diagnosis tomorrow - I hope

Barb Lundeen on 4/14/99 at 00:00 (006156)

Hi Dancer - You described it exactly as I have tried to (see message Pain on sides of heels) - I spent years thinking it was something else because my arches didn't hurt - only the sides of my heels. Now that I have found this page, I have started to really work on the icing, stretching and mainly resting the feet. It's helping. Also, I wear a really high arch support (I'm flat footed as they come) and that helps immensely when I have to go shopping or be on my feet for some reason. Don't dance anymore!!!! until you get this under control or you will spend years regretting it. Good luck.

Re: Diagnosis tomorrow - I hope

Barb Lundeen on 4/14/99 at 00:00 (006156)

Hi Dancer - You described it exactly as I have tried to (see message Pain on sides of heels) - I spent years thinking it was something else because my arches didn't hurt - only the sides of my heels. Now that I have found this page, I have started to really work on the icing, stretching and mainly resting the feet. It's helping. Also, I wear a really high arch support (I'm flat footed as they come) and that helps immensely when I have to go shopping or be on my feet for some reason. Don't dance anymore!!!! until you get this under control or you will spend years regretting it. Good luck.