Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FLAT FEET

Posted by KEN on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006187)

ANYONE HAVE SEVERE FLAT FEET AND PF? MY FEET ARE VERY FLAT, ACTUALLY MY ARCHES HAVE COLLAPSED SO I AM GETTING HEAL PAIN AND ALSO PAIN AT THE ARCH WHERE THE BONE ACTUALLY PRESSES ON MY TENDONS. DOCTOR SAYS NO SURGERY FOR RELEASE OF FASCIA BECAUSE MY FOOT WILL COLLAPSE EVEN FURTHER.SAYS THERE IS A PROCEDURE WHERE THEY TAKE A BONE OUT, FUSE THE NEXT TWO AND SURGICALLLY TIE THE TENDONS TOGETHER TO CREATE AN ARCH.SOUNDS PRETTY HAIRY TO ME,BUT THEY DO IT FOR KIDS WITH FLAT FEET.ANYONE HAVE SURGERY ON THEIR FASCIA WITH FLAT FEET?????

Re: FLAT FEET

Dayna on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006190)

No surgery for me, I'm a froggy like you, flipper feet. Haven't heard of this surgery, sounds interesting but I'm not going to be among the first to do it, I've got enough problems with my feet as it is.

Alison on 4/21/99 at 00:00 (006232)

My feet are also flat. I'd explore all alternatives before surgery.Have you had physical therapy?

Dayna on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006239)

No. I stretch before I stand and ice. Physical therapy was never mentioned.

Dayna on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006190)

No surgery for me, I'm a froggy like you, flipper feet. Haven't heard of this surgery, sounds interesting but I'm not going to be among the first to do it, I've got enough problems with my feet as it is.

Alison on 4/21/99 at 00:00 (006232)

My feet are also flat. I'd explore all alternatives before surgery.Have you had physical therapy?

Dayna on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006239)

No. I stretch before I stand and ice. Physical therapy was never mentioned.