Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cam-Walker Anyone?

Posted by Paula on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006193)

I was just given a cam-walker from my podiatrist as an attempt to help my post-op pain, mostly up the side...and throughout the foot. My surgery was 2/19/99 and my PF pain is gone but my foot hurts a lot. Tried everything else. Anyone used one? Please relate when used in relation to surgery, how long you used it and if it helped. Thanks

Re: Cam-Walker Anyone?

Denise on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006195)

Paula
I used a Cam walker 2 weeks post-op and used it for 2 weeks. Then the Dr. weeened me to my sneakers. I had the surgery on March 8th and I am still having terrible pain. Part of me thinks that I should go back to the cam walker. It really did help ease the pain. Although don't try to walk too much on it. I think that is the trick to the whole thing. Good Luck. Look into sleeping with a night splint. That does help at least in the AM.

Paula on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006197)

Denise - Thanks for writing back to me. Can I just ask you, is your 'terrible pain' the same as pre-op? Or is it in other areas of the foot? I'm curious. Did you use the night splints pre-op? Thanks

Denise on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006208)

Paula,

Denise on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006209)

Paula,
I did use the night splint before the surgery. It does help. The terrible pain I am feeling is in a different spot on my heel. So I am assuming that it is because of the surgery. Today seems a little better though so I am keeping the faith.

Denise on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006195)

Paula
I used a Cam walker 2 weeks post-op and used it for 2 weeks. Then the Dr. weeened me to my sneakers. I had the surgery on March 8th and I am still having terrible pain. Part of me thinks that I should go back to the cam walker. It really did help ease the pain. Although don't try to walk too much on it. I think that is the trick to the whole thing. Good Luck. Look into sleeping with a night splint. That does help at least in the AM.

Paula on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006197)

Denise - Thanks for writing back to me. Can I just ask you, is your 'terrible pain' the same as pre-op? Or is it in other areas of the foot? I'm curious. Did you use the night splints pre-op? Thanks

Denise on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006208)

Paula,

Denise on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006209)

Paula,
I did use the night splint before the surgery. It does help. The terrible pain I am feeling is in a different spot on my heel. So I am assuming that it is because of the surgery. Today seems a little better though so I am keeping the faith.