Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain Post-op EPF

Posted by Denise on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006196)

Someone please tell me why the pain in my foot seems different since the surgery but I am still in pain, different pain but still hurts. The pain is in the ankle and outside of the heel. I am using New Balance and trying to walk as little as possible with 3 small children. I had the old surgery about 4 years ago with much success. I am going to PT and sleeping with a night splint. Help is there any light at the end of the tunnel?????? I am 7 weeks post-op

Re: Pain Post-op EPF - CM

CM on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006251)

Try accupuncture. It works.

Re: Pain Post-op EPF- me too - same problem

ginny on 4/23/99 at 00:00 (006257)

i am 14 weeks post-op! i have the very same pain in ankle and outside of the heel. after 8 hours at work my foot is so swollen cant see the ankle and by morning it goes down very little. i am becoming frustrated with the doctor - said could take 6 mo. to a year to get the real result. such agony hope it will be worth it in time.

Re: Pain Post-op EPF - CM

CM on 4/22/99 at 00:00 (006251)

Try accupuncture. It works.

Re: Pain Post-op EPF- me too - same problem

ginny on 4/23/99 at 00:00 (006257)

i am 14 weeks post-op! i have the very same pain in ankle and outside of the heel. after 8 hours at work my foot is so swollen cant see the ankle and by morning it goes down very little. i am becoming frustrated with the doctor - said could take 6 mo. to a year to get the real result. such agony hope it will be worth it in time.