Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night Splint help

Posted by Mary Ann on 4/19/99 at 00:00 (006200)

I just started using the night splint. My problem is that my heel doesn't stay down, it is probably up 1-1 1/2 inches. I haven't kept it on all night but at least 3hours and I think it has helped a little. I also started taking Celebrex, the new anti inflammatory that doesn't bother the stomach.

Re: Night Splint help

maureen on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006211)

Me too! Even though my heel doesn't stay all the way down, I do get relief from pain for the morning steps. I have been using the night splint for about 8 weeks, and it has made a difference in the am pain.

Jane on 4/21/99 at 00:00 (006214)

I had the same problem at first with my night splint. My doctor increased the angle my foot was at by building up the insert at the bottom of the splint around the ball of the foot area. This helped to push my foot into a better position. It's been a long haul but the splint has been helping. It has taken about 8 weeks and I was ready to give up but I stuck with it and things are looking brighter.
Good Luck!

Kris on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006263)

You should make sure its correctly fitted. My Physical Therapist even refitted and cranked it up to a sharper 90 degree angle since I have been going to P.T. and my streching exercises have improved my flexiblity. I have had pretty good success in relieving 1st AM pain using the night splints for 8-9 weeks now.

maureen on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006211)

Me too! Even though my heel doesn't stay all the way down, I do get relief from pain for the morning steps. I have been using the night splint for about 8 weeks, and it has made a difference in the am pain.

Jane on 4/21/99 at 00:00 (006214)

I had the same problem at first with my night splint. My doctor increased the angle my foot was at by building up the insert at the bottom of the splint around the ball of the foot area. This helped to push my foot into a better position. It's been a long haul but the splint has been helping. It has taken about 8 weeks and I was ready to give up but I stuck with it and things are looking brighter.
Good Luck!

Kris on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006263)

You should make sure its correctly fitted. My Physical Therapist even refitted and cranked it up to a sharper 90 degree angle since I have been going to P.T. and my streching exercises have improved my flexiblity. I have had pretty good success in relieving 1st AM pain using the night splints for 8-9 weeks now.