Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 hours without pain

Posted by Sheri on 4/23/99 at 00:00 (006256)

Funny thing...I was totally without pain, BAREFOOT, yesterday for a couple of hours. However, the pain is back in full force today. Anyone experience temporary relief like that? Is that some kind of miraculous sign that it might be going away?

Re: 2 hours without pain

Mary Ann on 4/23/99 at 00:00 (006261)

Yes I have had about 2hours with no pain and couldn't believe it. It was too good to last. There was absolutely no pain at all, no matter how I mover my foot. It was back the next day and is still here.

Becky on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006272)

This does happen once in a blue moon. It is heaven!!!! It is a fluke I think. Sometimes we feel so good we forget about our PF, but then BAMN, the pain hits like a ton of bricks. This is one time I am thankful for.

Re: 2 hours without pain and much longer

CATHY on 4/25/99 at 00:00 (006279)

I have gone as long as 2 weeks without pain-even when i try to palpate the sore spot.This has tripped me up twice when I Thought i was healed and began to walk/jog again.After 6 months,I am frequently pain free.

sheri on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006284)

thanks! i should have enjoyed the 2 hours more than I did, because it has been worse in the last few days than it ever has been. I am in so much pain today, my birks aren't even helping.

Barb Lundeen on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006531)

Sheri - I have learned over the years to never never abuse my feet when they didn't hurt because sure as the sun comes up in the morning I will pay for it - I NEVER walk barefooted even for a minute anymore - it causes nothing but trouble later - I was doing wonderfully well (due to the advice from this board) but went shopping the other day and by the time I got home I was biting my lips off - but I iced right away!!!! and then massaged the arch really well and, altho I hurt some, the next day was sure a lot better than its been in the past when I overdid - pain in the neck(heel that is) to have to be so careful but I don't like paying the price for my 'oh goodie, it's gone' times when I think I'm cured and try too much - I've had sore heels for 30 years now so you know I've been thru lots of pain-free periods - but I sure have to watch my activity to keep it that way
Best to you
Barb

Mary Ann on 4/23/99 at 00:00 (006261)

Yes I have had about 2hours with no pain and couldn't believe it. It was too good to last. There was absolutely no pain at all, no matter how I mover my foot. It was back the next day and is still here.

Becky on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006272)

This does happen once in a blue moon. It is heaven!!!! It is a fluke I think. Sometimes we feel so good we forget about our PF, but then BAMN, the pain hits like a ton of bricks. This is one time I am thankful for.

Re: 2 hours without pain and much longer

CATHY on 4/25/99 at 00:00 (006279)

I have gone as long as 2 weeks without pain-even when i try to palpate the sore spot.This has tripped me up twice when I Thought i was healed and began to walk/jog again.After 6 months,I am frequently pain free.

sheri on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006284)

thanks! i should have enjoyed the 2 hours more than I did, because it has been worse in the last few days than it ever has been. I am in so much pain today, my birks aren't even helping.

Barb Lundeen on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006531)

Sheri - I have learned over the years to never never abuse my feet when they didn't hurt because sure as the sun comes up in the morning I will pay for it - I NEVER walk barefooted even for a minute anymore - it causes nothing but trouble later - I was doing wonderfully well (due to the advice from this board) but went shopping the other day and by the time I got home I was biting my lips off - but I iced right away!!!! and then massaged the arch really well and, altho I hurt some, the next day was sure a lot better than its been in the past when I overdid - pain in the neck(heel that is) to have to be so careful but I don't like paying the price for my 'oh goodie, it's gone' times when I think I'm cured and try too much - I've had sore heels for 30 years now so you know I've been thru lots of pain-free periods - but I sure have to watch my activity to keep it that way
Best to you
Barb