Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mephisto's anyone?

Posted by Lonnie on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006264)

I'm tired of wearing my custom orthotics and sneakers with every thing I own. I need something a little more stylish that will not kill my feet. My PF and heel spurs are pretty much under control and don't want to upset that. Lots of people swear by birks but most of them have high arches. I have flat feet and besides I think they're really ugly! I've tried really soft pump styles (flats) but my orthotics don't fit in them and by themselves they don't offer any support for my flat feet.

At home I wear Dr. Scholls 'Sashays' (discontinued eons ago)and they're wonderful. The wooden Dr. Scholls are to hard for my heels.

I'm toying with the notion of purchasing the Elka or Eva from Mephisto. They're expensive and I need your output before I commit to purchasing a pair. Yes, I know there are no guarantees but at least I did my research.

Thanks for your help and any other suggestions you may have.

Re: Mephisto's anyone?

Marilyn on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006265)

YES!! Try the Mephistos! I was wearing their clogs even before this terrible PF started. The strappy styles are really nice; I just bought 3 pairs last week. They're the only shoes I can wear.I'm really surprised no one has mentioned them on this site. Good Luck..I hope they work as well for you as they do for me. Marilyn

Sandra Z on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006267)

Yes, try the Mephistos! I have 2 pair--I think they are the
Eva (the higher heel sandal) and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. I just wish I could wear them year round! I also purchased some other Mephistos, not in the Mobile sandal line, with a shorter heel, and those didn't help as much.

Denise on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006268)

Where can you find these shoes? Department stores or specialty stores. I live in NY any help?

Lonnie on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006269)

Denise -
There is a shoe store in the Staten Island Mall that carries all kinds of walking shoes and only walking shoes including Mephisto! You can also search the net. Most sites will even send you a catalogue.
Seems to me I should try a pair. I will post my findings.

Lonnie on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006270)

Denise -
There is a shoe store in the Staten Island Mall that carries all kinds of walking shoes and only walking shoes including Mephisto! You can also search the net. Most sites will even send you a catalogue.
Thanks to all for you input.

maureen on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006273)

Love them! I just bought a pair of sandals from the Mobile line today. I have been wearing their closed toe shoes with slacks, which look very professional and are the most comfortable, best fitting shoes I own. I do a lot of teaching and training, and on those days I am on my feet for 8-10 hours. I believe that without the Mephisto's I would have a lot more pain and discomfort than I do. Enjoy!

Re: Mephisto's anyone? - Not so fast!

J on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006283)

I spent $275 for their 'best' walking shoe and it was way too hard for me. Luckily, I got them at Nordstorm and they took them back.

Marilyn on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006265)

YES!! Try the Mephistos! I was wearing their clogs even before this terrible PF started. The strappy styles are really nice; I just bought 3 pairs last week. They're the only shoes I can wear.I'm really surprised no one has mentioned them on this site. Good Luck..I hope they work as well for you as they do for me. Marilyn

Sandra Z on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006267)

Yes, try the Mephistos! I have 2 pair--I think they are the
Eva (the higher heel sandal) and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. I just wish I could wear them year round! I also purchased some other Mephistos, not in the Mobile sandal line, with a shorter heel, and those didn't help as much.

Denise on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006268)

Where can you find these shoes? Department stores or specialty stores. I live in NY any help?

Lonnie on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006269)

Denise -

Lonnie on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006270)

Denise -
Thanks to all for you input.

maureen on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006273)

Love them! I just bought a pair of sandals from the Mobile line today. I have been wearing their closed toe shoes with slacks, which look very professional and are the most comfortable, best fitting shoes I own. I do a lot of teaching and training, and on those days I am on my feet for 8-10 hours. I believe that without the Mephisto's I would have a lot more pain and discomfort than I do. Enjoy!

Re: Mephisto's anyone? - Not so fast!

J on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006283)

I spent $275 for their 'best' walking shoe and it was way too hard for me. Luckily, I got them at Nordstorm and they took them back.