Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Not for all I am afraid...

Posted by Becky on 4/24/99 at 00:00 (006271)

I have done all the above treatments and I am not better
After PT for six weeks, wearing running shoes with orthotics all the time (even with my suits and dresses to work), 3 surgeries (one being EPF, and the other two being treatments of the Ossatron), stretching all the time, taking numerous amounts of pain meds and anit-inflam...
I wish there was one treatment that made us all better. I would spend my life savings to do it. I even broke down and took one whole week off work to rest and not do anything, I thought for sure that would be a good idea. But no, I am now trying to face the reality that I am going to be in pain the rest of my life. I am 27.

Re: Not for all I am afraid...

Danielle on 4/25/99 at 00:00 (006275)

Try losing weight, too. (but if losing weight isn't hard enough, try losing weight without being able to be on your feet! argh!) but i'm right there with ya! try to keep up some sort of positive attitude if possible. i even started taking anti-depressants cause this foot pain thing sent me way down.

suzy on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006282)

Becky
I am so sorry! I had really hoped that this would work for you..( others as well) I hope you are feeling better about this horrible thing soon
take care and god bless
Suzy

Nadine on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006285)

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many problems, Becky. I was certainly hoping that the Ossatron treatment would be the sure fire answer. That disappoints me greatly as well. Don't you also get so sick of trying to explain to everyone that there is no cure for these miserable things. Hang in there... that is about all we can do.

Lynda on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006289)

Becky, I feel so bad for you. I've followed your various treatments mentioned on the board here. I too am not better after 7 years. But I went to a pain management class and control my pain with a tricyclic antidepressant, Nortriptyline. It somehow or other deadens the nerves that are shooting pain messages to the brain. I didn't think it possible but it is so. My pain is not all the way gone but I control it. It doesn't control me.

Rachel on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006305)

Becky, call 1-800-VitaLea and get some Shaklee VitaCal! Eat
12/day until the pain is gone. I did this after trying steroid shots, shoe inserts, etc. I used to joke that if there ever was a fire in the middle of the night, I'd be in big trouble cause I couldn't hardly walk for about 20 min. Anyways, it only took about 2 weeks of eating those things for the pain to go away and it pretty much stays away now unless I'm on my feet an extra lot. Then I just eat some again. I hope I've been of help to all you guys with heel pain.

Danielle on 4/25/99 at 00:00 (006275)

Try losing weight, too. (but if losing weight isn't hard enough, try losing weight without being able to be on your feet! argh!) but i'm right there with ya! try to keep up some sort of positive attitude if possible. i even started taking anti-depressants cause this foot pain thing sent me way down.

suzy on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006282)

Becky
I am so sorry! I had really hoped that this would work for you..( others as well) I hope you are feeling better about this horrible thing soon
take care and god bless
Suzy

Nadine on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006285)

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many problems, Becky. I was certainly hoping that the Ossatron treatment would be the sure fire answer. That disappoints me greatly as well. Don't you also get so sick of trying to explain to everyone that there is no cure for these miserable things. Hang in there... that is about all we can do.

Lynda on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006289)

Becky, I feel so bad for you. I've followed your various treatments mentioned on the board here. I too am not better after 7 years. But I went to a pain management class and control my pain with a tricyclic antidepressant, Nortriptyline. It somehow or other deadens the nerves that are shooting pain messages to the brain. I didn't think it possible but it is so. My pain is not all the way gone but I control it. It doesn't control me.

Rachel on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006305)

Becky, call 1-800-VitaLea and get some Shaklee VitaCal! Eat
12/day until the pain is gone. I did this after trying steroid shots, shoe inserts, etc. I used to joke that if there ever was a fire in the middle of the night, I'd be in big trouble cause I couldn't hardly walk for about 20 min. Anyways, it only took about 2 weeks of eating those things for the pain to go away and it pretty much stays away now unless I'm on my feet an extra lot. Then I just eat some again. I hope I've been of help to all you guys with heel pain.