Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How does the weather affect your PF?

Posted by Angie on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006290)

Just curious, does it affect anyone? Our weather has been back and forth so much lately I can't really track if that is what is really messing me up or not. I'll have a relatively (!) pain free day -- or least manageable - and then out of the blue an awful one where I can hardly walk. What's the deal? Is is just the nature of the beast?

I go see a podiatrist Thursday morning. So far, I've just seen my regualar MD and he did an x-ray (showed spur) and gave me Lodine XL. The med seems to be helping the inflammation in my back in hip but not much help for the feet.

Any input appreciated.

Angie

Re: How does the weather affect your PF?

kelus on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006292)

It has been rainey today and my feet are worse than usual!!! Actually I am thinking of chopping them off!!

Kelus

Peggy on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006301)

My feet too hurt worse when it's overcast. I wonder if maybe this is a type of arthritis!! One day they feel fine and the next day I can hardly walk. One doctor said to me 'this is a crippling condition' one day it can be fine, but the next day it could be worse!! very wise words and it covers his a--. I too sometimes feel like dumping my feet (smile).

sheri on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006308)

chopping off the feet sounds like a great idea. i considered it earlier today!

troy on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006331)

had pf for 4 yrs in minnesota, had surgery last yr and still have pain. but when the weather changes it hurts worse, i think weather is a big factor!

kelus on 4/26/99 at 00:00 (006292)

It has been rainey today and my feet are worse than usual!!! Actually I am thinking of chopping them off!!

Kelus

Peggy on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006301)

My feet too hurt worse when it's overcast. I wonder if maybe this is a type of arthritis!! One day they feel fine and the next day I can hardly walk. One doctor said to me 'this is a crippling condition' one day it can be fine, but the next day it could be worse!! very wise words and it covers his a--. I too sometimes feel like dumping my feet (smile).

sheri on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006308)

chopping off the feet sounds like a great idea. i considered it earlier today!

troy on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006331)

had pf for 4 yrs in minnesota, had surgery last yr and still have pain. but when the weather changes it hurts worse, i think weather is a big factor!