Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Walking helps

Posted by Jyotsna on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006312)

After I had my second baby in 1997 eventhough I tried not to gain too much weight still I gained 32 pounds.I don't have flat foot but arch is low & I had a bad heelspur for last year & half. After talking painful shots three times, using tape wrapes, using lots of heel cups & support, I found my relief combo. I would like to share it.
I walk everyday (I use to run for 45 min)atleast 3 miles. That time I use good shoes (New balance 696). I eat atleat one citrus fruit for vitamin C. I am 5'3' 137lbs. I am trying to get to my ideal weight i.e 125 lbs. SUrprisingly the pain is reduced to great extent. If I do too much(which I 95% try to avoid)then only I get pain. I would like to here any more suggestions or remedies.

Re: Walking helps

Rebecca on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006317)

Jyotsna, i knew a jyotsna in my school once. La Martiniere For Girls. You from there? I think that Jyotsna came to the US too.

Walking isn't helping me. I realized it's the opposite for me. I walk normally but try to avoid going fo uneccessary walks. I think i'll try the New Balance SHoes.

Good luck

Re: Walking helps

Rebecca on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006317)

Jyotsna, i knew a jyotsna in my school once. La Martiniere For Girls. You from there? I think that Jyotsna came to the US too.

Walking isn't helping me. I realized it's the opposite for me. I walk normally but try to avoid going fo uneccessary walks. I think i'll try the New Balance SHoes.

Good luck