Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post op problems after Plantars Facia Release

Posted by JEANIE NUGENT on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006314)

Is there a way to correct the effects of a complete seperation on the
Plantars Facia?????
I've had a Endoscopic PF release on both feet because of heel spurs. The PF was completely seperated (instead of just a third of the PFbeing seperated). I am experiencing tremendous pain at the the head of the 5th metatarsal on both feet and very painful arches. I am experiencing some relief with physcial therapy and special taping done by my Physical Therapist. I am looking for the next step!!!!!!!

Re: Post op problems after Plantars Facia Release

suzy on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006316)

Hi
When did you have surgery? I had a second release done in Dec and havent had this problem. I do how ever have pain in the ankle and arch.
Suzy

Jeanie on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006318)

iI had my right foot done in Dec 95 and my left foot done Feb 97. The problems started in June on 97! I have been everywhere for help! I have just found out that the problem is probably because the entire facia was clippped and seperated. They have found only 1/3 of the facia sould be seperated.

Don't be discouraged......none of my friends are haveing the same problem!

suzy on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006316)

Hi
When did you have surgery? I had a second release done in Dec and havent had this problem. I do how ever have pain in the ankle and arch.
Suzy

Jeanie on 4/27/99 at 00:00 (006318)

iI had my right foot done in Dec 95 and my left foot done Feb 97. The problems started in June on 97! I have been everywhere for help! I have just found out that the problem is probably because the entire facia was clippped and seperated. They have found only 1/3 of the facia sould be seperated.

Don't be discouraged......none of my friends are haveing the same problem!