Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PAIN,PAIN & MORE PAIN, WHEN DOES IT GO AWAY!!! HELP!!!

Posted by BERNADETTE on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006341)

I JUST HAD CASTS PUT ON BOTH FEET.I AM IN PAIN FROM THE TIME I WAKE UP
TILL THE TIME I GO TO BED,ALSO HAVE TENDONITIS ON TOP OF IT ALL.....
I AM A BARTENDER,MY FEET ARE MY MONEY!!!!! DO I GET SURGERY?????
OR DO I TRY THE INSERTS FOR THE SHOES OR WHAT DO I DO??????

Re: PAIN,PAIN & MORE PAIN, WHEN DOES IT GO AWAY!!! HELP!!!

Michelle on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006344)

I know how you feel, in pain all the time. I had a Dr. that put a cast on one of my feet and it did more harm than good. It really weakened my ankle and did nothing for my PF and heel spurs!!!! I got orthotics and they have help some. They took about 4 weeks to notice a difference. I work @ a golf course, in the club house, where I stand on concrete floors all day. I know how your feet feel after a long day. I would check into something else before you have surgery, becasue sometimes surgery is not the answer. Good Luck!!

Sue on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006346)

I've had a heel spur for 6 months. Orthotics make it worse, shots, accupuncture and ultrasound didn't help. This Friday, the 30th, I am going to have the regular old fashion surgery. Even though it's only been six months. Tuff, it hurts. My mother had heel spurs on both of her feet 20 years ago and had this very surgery done and after three weeks she was good as new. I personally think that you could go on an on for years with all kinds of treatments that won't make it GO AWAY. I cannot wait to have it done. Sometimes it hurts so bad I've felt like cutting it out myself. I'm taking three weeks off work. I'll let you know.

KAREN on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006357)

SUE, I'M INTERESTED IN WHERE YOUR HEEL SPUR IS LOCATED. MINE ARE ON THE BACK OF MY HEELS HOOKING DOWN. MY PAIN IS REALLY MORE IN THE ACHILLES THAN UNDER MY FOOT. SURGERY IS THE LAST RESORT FOR ME, BUT I'LL BE FOLLOWING YOUR PROGRESS CLOSELY. PLEASE DESCRIBE THE LOCATION OF YOUR SPUR. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED.

sue on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006480)

It was at the typical location on a heel. I had the surgery, 48 hours ago, and can walk already, very cautiously still. I believe I'm going to be fine. Good luck to you

Sue on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006494)

Sorry, I gave my old email with that message. I had the surgery, Friday the 30th. The old one. About a 2 inch cut. I have thus far experienced no pain. I was told to limit walking on it, which I do, but when I do, it does not hurt. I'm bandaged pretty heavily and have the shoe (which I haven't worn). I'm really amazed at the lack of pain I am experiencing. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but my foot honestly feels better now, 3 day post op, than it did before surgery. I knew that spur had to come out. Plantar Fasciaitis or whatever it's called. If xrays show a spur and you've tried EVERYTHING and it only get's worse, have it cut out. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. I'll report back in a few weeks.

A. Russ on 7/02/99 at 00:00 (008450)

Check out http://www.flexiblefootwear.com
I think they can help you.

Michelle on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006344)

I know how you feel, in pain all the time. I had a Dr. that put a cast on one of my feet and it did more harm than good. It really weakened my ankle and did nothing for my PF and heel spurs!!!! I got orthotics and they have help some. They took about 4 weeks to notice a difference. I work @ a golf course, in the club house, where I stand on concrete floors all day. I know how your feet feel after a long day. I would check into something else before you have surgery, becasue sometimes surgery is not the answer. Good Luck!!

Sue on 4/28/99 at 00:00 (006346)

I've had a heel spur for 6 months. Orthotics make it worse, shots, accupuncture and ultrasound didn't help. This Friday, the 30th, I am going to have the regular old fashion surgery. Even though it's only been six months. Tuff, it hurts. My mother had heel spurs on both of her feet 20 years ago and had this very surgery done and after three weeks she was good as new. I personally think that you could go on an on for years with all kinds of treatments that won't make it GO AWAY. I cannot wait to have it done. Sometimes it hurts so bad I've felt like cutting it out myself. I'm taking three weeks off work. I'll let you know.

KAREN on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006357)

SUE, I'M INTERESTED IN WHERE YOUR HEEL SPUR IS LOCATED. MINE ARE ON THE BACK OF MY HEELS HOOKING DOWN. MY PAIN IS REALLY MORE IN THE ACHILLES THAN UNDER MY FOOT. SURGERY IS THE LAST RESORT FOR ME, BUT I'LL BE FOLLOWING YOUR PROGRESS CLOSELY. PLEASE DESCRIBE THE LOCATION OF YOUR SPUR. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED.

sue on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006480)

It was at the typical location on a heel. I had the surgery, 48 hours ago, and can walk already, very cautiously still. I believe I'm going to be fine. Good luck to you

Sue on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006494)

Sorry, I gave my old email with that message. I had the surgery, Friday the 30th. The old one. About a 2 inch cut. I have thus far experienced no pain. I was told to limit walking on it, which I do, but when I do, it does not hurt. I'm bandaged pretty heavily and have the shoe (which I haven't worn). I'm really amazed at the lack of pain I am experiencing. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but my foot honestly feels better now, 3 day post op, than it did before surgery. I knew that spur had to come out. Plantar Fasciaitis or whatever it's called. If xrays show a spur and you've tried EVERYTHING and it only get's worse, have it cut out. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. I'll report back in a few weeks.

A. Russ on 7/02/99 at 00:00 (008450)

Check out http://www.flexiblefootwear.com
I think they can help you.