Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Going to Dallas......HELP!....I need advice on what shoes to buy!!!

Posted by kelus on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006355)

I have finally gotten a three day weekend and saved up the money to go to Dallas for the weekend on May 7th to shop exclusively for a shoes!!!

I do not want to waste time searching blindly for the right shoes, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which shoes to search for and try!!!

I am not familiar with many stores in malls because I have grown up in a small town and I have never been anywhere really. So can you also recommend stores?

This is how my feet are: I have VERY high arches, and PF in BOTH feet. I work 9 hour days standing/walking on concrete, and I am in misery. AT work I must wear a closed toe work shoe, kinda like regular TENNIS SHOES or COMBAT BOOT type.

I am also hoping to find a nice shoe that I can wear to church. I haven't been to church in over 3 years because I can't find a pair of dress shoes that I can stand to wear for over 5 minutes!

Anyway, price is no option, because I am going to charge it! I really can't afford it, but I can't afford to loose my job either, which is where I am headed if something isn't done about my feet soon.

Thanks everyone,

Kelus

Re: Going to Dallas......HELP!....I need advice on what shoes to buy!!!

Annette on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006361)

Rockport and Easy Spirit and Soft Spots make good solid, comfortable dress shoes, both flats and low heels. They tend to have more rounded toes and a wider, deeper toe box. They are also pretty expensive, in the $60 to $110 range. If you have to wear a closed work shoe to work have you tried the blue Birkenstock inserts? They will fit in a lot of normal shoes and are really good arch supports and help with PF. You could wear them in both work, running and dress shoes if you take out the shoe liner or insert that come in the shoe. The best price for them is at shoetree.com. This is Tony Grady from Canada. He has the best price on the net for Birkenstock inserts and the exchange rate with Canada is good now. It took me about a week to get them but if you call they are real knowledgeable and will help you and will refund your money if they don't help. I have had every insert they make and these are by far the best. Good luck! Go to church. the spiritual uplift helps a person to live with PF.

alex on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006374)

I also have very high arches. Having spent a fortune on shoes during the whole PF thing I am now settled on New Balance sneakers, Dansko clog and Mephisto dress shoes. Good luck

Pam on 4/30/99 at 00:00 (006396)

I find the above shoes to be too soft and not enough support. I have switched to Hush Puppies. Can be worn with business casual slacks and come in tons of colors. I do put an orthotic in all my shoes without fail. If the orthotic won't fit, I do not buy the shoe. I gave away everything in the closet that was not good for me so I would not be tempted to wear them.

maureen on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006442)

Love my Mephisto's! They are dressy enough to wear with slacks. I just bought a pair of Mephisto sandals to wear with dresses this summer. I wear New Balance with Quick Stride inserts for casual wear and Birks around the house. Love the Mephisto's!

Annette on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006361)

Rockport and Easy Spirit and Soft Spots make good solid, comfortable dress shoes, both flats and low heels. They tend to have more rounded toes and a wider, deeper toe box. They are also pretty expensive, in the $60 to $110 range. If you have to wear a closed work shoe to work have you tried the blue Birkenstock inserts? They will fit in a lot of normal shoes and are really good arch supports and help with PF. You could wear them in both work, running and dress shoes if you take out the shoe liner or insert that come in the shoe. The best price for them is at shoetree.com. This is Tony Grady from Canada. He has the best price on the net for Birkenstock inserts and the exchange rate with Canada is good now. It took me about a week to get them but if you call they are real knowledgeable and will help you and will refund your money if they don't help. I have had every insert they make and these are by far the best. Good luck! Go to church. the spiritual uplift helps a person to live with PF.

alex on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006374)

I also have very high arches. Having spent a fortune on shoes during the whole PF thing I am now settled on New Balance sneakers, Dansko clog and Mephisto dress shoes. Good luck

Pam on 4/30/99 at 00:00 (006396)

I find the above shoes to be too soft and not enough support. I have switched to Hush Puppies. Can be worn with business casual slacks and come in tons of colors. I do put an orthotic in all my shoes without fail. If the orthotic won't fit, I do not buy the shoe. I gave away everything in the closet that was not good for me so I would not be tempted to wear them.

maureen on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006442)

Love my Mephisto's! They are dressy enough to wear with slacks. I just bought a pair of Mephisto sandals to wear with dresses this summer. I wear New Balance with Quick Stride inserts for casual wear and Birks around the house. Love the Mephisto's!