Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: make up your own mind!

Posted by Fred on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006358)

Kris,
I think you need to make up your own mind about whether to get another cortisone shot. The way you describe it (worse than childbirth
and did nothing to help your p.f.), I personally would NOT try it again. Also, I don't think you need a better reason why you don't want it!
Telling your doctor that it hurt like hell the first time and didn't do any good and that it's your body and you don't want it, seems reasonable
to me. Or switch doctors...there's no one telling you that you have to go to this doctor! Finally, I wouldn't listen to Kelus and Kathy (even
if their names start with a 'K' and mine doesn't!). If there's one theme across this message board, it's that what works for one doesn't always
(and often doesn't) work for another. So make up your own mind! But if I were you I'd say forget it to another cortisone shot! Fred

Re: make up your own mind! Agree 100,000%

Dayna on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006362)

I agree with Fred and also with you, I had one shot, worse than childbirth and it only worked for less than three weeks, then I reinjured it and was right back where I started from.

Just say NO and if the Dr. gives you a hard time tell the Dr. that you already tried cortizone and it didn't help. So There!

Re: make up your own mind! Agree 100,000%

Dayna on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006362)

I agree with Fred and also with you, I had one shot, worse than childbirth and it only worked for less than three weeks, then I reinjured it and was right back where I started from.

Just say NO and if the Dr. gives you a hard time tell the Dr. that you already tried cortizone and it didn't help. So There!