Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: To Kris: MORE

Posted by kelus on 4/29/99 at 00:00 (006366)

Kris,

Listen, there are ways that shots hurt worse than others. It depends on the person. I had the first 10 shots in the BOTTOM of my heels, and they hurt *SO* BAD. But, my new Doctor gave me the next shots from the SIDE. These hardly hurt to get at all. So much better!

ALSO, The first 10 shots were a certain kind of medicine. The shots I got from my new Podiatrist were a different kind of medicine, and THE SHOT LASTED MUCH LONGER!!! So, I am sure that different medications work better on individual persons..

About Fred's post, he is right about one thing....make up your own mind, but I would think that the reason you come here is to get advice and stories about what has happened to others. Just because I give advice doesn't mean you have to take it!!

bye, Kelus

Connie on 6/16/99 at 00:00 (007867)

Kris, I am on my computer today, because of my 1st cortisone shot yesterday, only for tennis elbow..(is this PF, that Planteauis stuff?) anyhow, the shot hurt, but 3 hours later, yes, it was almost as bad as having having a baby..I called my son in Florida, who is a doctor, because my whole arm to the hand was swollen, and immobile..he told me to call my doctor, because there is such a thing as 'crystallization in the joint' it can cause..anyhow, he told me to elevate (all the things the doctors don't tell you) above the heart..today I can barely use it..but to shorten all this..I agree with all these other people that a.) might or might not work b.) I think I am going to lay off tennis for several months and rehabilitate the arm..so glad to have seen this site, cause you can get some good advise and you can give some good advise..I had 50 % of my friends to say 'don't get one' and the other half say 'try it'..so I guess it was worth a try, but I WON'T EVER GET ANOTHER SHOT, because the person who said it is not a cure is right, it can maybe just help..I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but I am 55yrs old and I am not giving up..don't you kiddo!

Connie on 6/16/99 at 00:00 (007867)

Kris, I am on my computer today, because of my 1st cortisone shot yesterday, only for tennis elbow..(is this PF, that Planteauis stuff?) anyhow, the shot hurt, but 3 hours later, yes, it was almost as bad as having having a baby..I called my son in Florida, who is a doctor, because my whole arm to the hand was swollen, and immobile..he told me to call my doctor, because there is such a thing as 'crystallization in the joint' it can cause..anyhow, he told me to elevate (all the things the doctors don't tell you) above the heart..today I can barely use it..but to shorten all this..I agree with all these other people that a.) might or might not work b.) I think I am going to lay off tennis for several months and rehabilitate the arm..so glad to have seen this site, cause you can get some good advise and you can give some good advise..I had 50 % of my friends to say 'don't get one' and the other half say 'try it'..so I guess it was worth a try, but I WON'T EVER GET ANOTHER SHOT, because the person who said it is not a cure is right, it can maybe just help..I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but I am 55yrs old and I am not giving up..don't you kiddo!