Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

More Than Ten Shots??

Posted by Fred on 4/30/99 at 00:00 (006393)

Kelus,
I know that you think I am rude and wish that I would go away, but maybe I can show my compassionate side. How many cortisone
shots have you had? In her post, Kris questioned whether she should have a SECOND shot, and in your response, you say that you had
'the first TEN shots' in the bottom of your heel. I am concerned that you are harming your health by having so many shots. In a
separate post to me you said that you had read Scott's homepage, but in it he writes: 'Doctors do not give more than 3 shots because
of the dangers. It may be illegal in some states to give more than 3.' I understand that a lot of people on this site are in severe pain
that makes it difficult to get through the day and will do whatever it takes to get better. However, I'm worried that by having so
many shots you've done more harm than good. What does your doctor say about this, and what do others on the site think about
having more than 10 shots? Be well. Fred

Re: More Than Ten Shots?? Holey Heely Batman!

Dayna on 4/30/99 at 00:00 (006394)

My one shot was from the side, it hurt so bad they could hear me scream outside the building and it took two people to hold me down, and yes the doctor numbed the foot first.

I have to agree, three is plenty and two more than I'll ever have. I do think Fred's comments about people in a previous post might have been a bit better put, but then none of us are perfect, I've typed things I thought were perfectly innocuous and been rightly slammed for it in retrospect.

If Kris has already had a shot and it didn't help and it hurt like
h-ll, I Would Not encourage her to have another. If it didn't help the first time the odds are extremely good that the result would be the same.

Re: More Than Ten Shots?? Holey Heely Batman!

Dayna on 4/30/99 at 00:00 (006394)

My one shot was from the side, it hurt so bad they could hear me scream outside the building and it took two people to hold me down, and yes the doctor numbed the foot first.

I have to agree, three is plenty and two more than I'll ever have. I do think Fred's comments about people in a previous post might have been a bit better put, but then none of us are perfect, I've typed things I thought were perfectly innocuous and been rightly slammed for it in retrospect.

If Kris has already had a shot and it didn't help and it hurt like
h-ll, I Would Not encourage her to have another. If it didn't help the first time the odds are extremely good that the result would be the same.