Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Robin and other "old-timers" as well as newcomers

Posted by alex on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006408)

Robin: It was good to read your message. As you said, a number of us contributed a lot in the October-December period - and we made cyber friends by so doing. Like others I continue to check this board almost every day, but contribute rarely now. This is partly because I am going through a very good period (relatively pain-free), but also because I am enjoying (? - sympathizing with might be better) reading all the posts from people who discover the site. I remember what it was like in September when my PF first hit with a vengeance and the incredible learning curve (as well as pain curve) that I went through as the next six months unfolded. I really do wish all PF sufferers well. If nothing else comes from this site, it is an understanding that no two cases are the same. We all have to experiment with a whole range of approaches and feel EXTREMELY grateful when we find something that works.
Best wishes to all

Re: To Robin and other "old-timers" as well as newcomers

Marilyn on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006477)

Alex;You mentioned that you're going through a 'pain-free' period. What do you attribute this to? I've been visiting this site since Dec.98; i'm trying ice, stretching, taping, all the vitamin supplements,etc. No improvement. And it amazes me that the one shoe that makes me worse,sneakers, is what most of the other sufferers wear(other than Birks).Any suggestions? THANKS!

Dayna on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006493)

I also read nearly daily but often don't post for a long time, then I do a streak. I agree with you that sneakers are the worst, I've tried Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Converse, Rockport, Adidas, etc. ad nauseum and they only make it worse. BTW, I have very flat feet, no arch at all, even with the custom orthotics athletic shoes are guaranteed to have me in a chair within 1/2 hour.

Marilyn on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006477)

Alex;You mentioned that you're going through a 'pain-free' period. What do you attribute this to? I've been visiting this site since Dec.98; i'm trying ice, stretching, taping, all the vitamin supplements,etc. No improvement. And it amazes me that the one shoe that makes me worse,sneakers, is what most of the other sufferers wear(other than Birks).Any suggestions? THANKS!

Dayna on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006493)

I also read nearly daily but often don't post for a long time, then I do a streak. I agree with you that sneakers are the worst, I've tried Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Converse, Rockport, Adidas, etc. ad nauseum and they only make it worse. BTW, I have very flat feet, no arch at all, even with the custom orthotics athletic shoes are guaranteed to have me in a chair within 1/2 hour.