Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks, Carol

Posted by Lisa on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006416)

You're absolutely right. I need to let the rest fly over my head, and I will. I still have yet to read all the previous messages posted. I've found a tremendous amount of information already.
I guess for me, having suffered with this for 10 years and now with no results from surgery, I'm a bit discouraged. Sometimes I just need to unload my frustration. My husband is great but he just doesn't understand and I know he's sick of me mentioning my feet.
Thanks, Carol. I feel better already and I appreciate your wisdom.
Lisa

Re: Thanks, Carol

Carol E. on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006419)

Glad to hear from you. Sorry you have had to suffer with this so long. I can't even imagine it. No one knows how bad this can be unless they've experienced it themselves. They just look at you weird when you say your foot hurts. For a long time, I think my husband thought I was faking it. I also suffer from arthritis in my hips and back and I know he is tired of hearing me complain. Then when this happened, I think he just thought I was exaggerating it but over the course of the last six months he has come to realize that this is very real and very painful. The information on this site has helped a lot. Now, I have kind of good days and kind of bad days but nothing like I had when I first found this site. Maybe you can sympathize with me when I tell you that I work with the young women in my church and in June I have to go to camp with them in the mountains for four days and we have to go on a 5 mile hike, ha,ha!!!
I love to hike but right now it isn't looking too fun. Oh well, we all suffer in the things we must do don't we? Such is life!

Bea on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006420)

Hi Carol, Just a quick word. Please rethink the idea of a 5 mile hike. As painfulas it may be to realize there are things one can no longer do the idea of a 5 mile hike with your condition can do a lot of harm.My belief is that a lot of us are in this position due to too much excercise, bad shoes and a probable weakness that was always there. I'm not saying we are responsible for our pain but remember pain is a signal that something is wrong. aThis over emphasis on achievement, 'feel the burn'etc. is very dangerous to my thinking. We have to listen to our bodies and not overdo or we will have to pay dearly. Good luck and try to pace yourself.

maureen on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006444)

I heard an excellent suggestion if you do go on that hike in the moutains, which is to use the cold streams to cool your feet down while hiking. I'm only walking 15 min. every other day at this point, but I'm hoping to do some hiking this summer, so I filed this suggestion away in the hopes of geting a little time in nature. good luck!

Re: Thanks, Carol!

Raleigh on 8/07/99 at 23:08 (009559)

I will check out that book! It sounds right on the money!

Carol E. on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006419)

Glad to hear from you. Sorry you have had to suffer with this so long. I can't even imagine it. No one knows how bad this can be unless they've experienced it themselves. They just look at you weird when you say your foot hurts. For a long time, I think my husband thought I was faking it. I also suffer from arthritis in my hips and back and I know he is tired of hearing me complain. Then when this happened, I think he just thought I was exaggerating it but over the course of the last six months he has come to realize that this is very real and very painful. The information on this site has helped a lot. Now, I have kind of good days and kind of bad days but nothing like I had when I first found this site. Maybe you can sympathize with me when I tell you that I work with the young women in my church and in June I have to go to camp with them in the mountains for four days and we have to go on a 5 mile hike, ha,ha!!!
I love to hike but right now it isn't looking too fun. Oh well, we all suffer in the things we must do don't we? Such is life!

Bea on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006420)

Hi Carol, Just a quick word. Please rethink the idea of a 5 mile hike. As painfulas it may be to realize there are things one can no longer do the idea of a 5 mile hike with your condition can do a lot of harm.My belief is that a lot of us are in this position due to too much excercise, bad shoes and a probable weakness that was always there. I'm not saying we are responsible for our pain but remember pain is a signal that something is wrong. aThis over emphasis on achievement, 'feel the burn'etc. is very dangerous to my thinking. We have to listen to our bodies and not overdo or we will have to pay dearly. Good luck and try to pace yourself.

maureen on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006444)

I heard an excellent suggestion if you do go on that hike in the moutains, which is to use the cold streams to cool your feet down while hiking. I'm only walking 15 min. every other day at this point, but I'm hoping to do some hiking this summer, so I filed this suggestion away in the hopes of geting a little time in nature. good luck!

Re: Thanks, Carol!

Raleigh on 8/07/99 at 23:08 (009559)

I will check out that book! It sounds right on the money!