Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for the suggestion, Lisa

Posted by Carol E. on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006436)

Why didn't I think of that. Of course I can take a folding camp stool. Better to look like a sissy than to be in constant pain, right? Ha,ha!!! I know what you mean by the sign---but of course even then people would look at you like you were making a big deal out of nothing because they really haven't got a clue how bad it is, huh? Oh well.

Re: Thanks for the suggestion, Lisa

Bea on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006438)

Another thing you could try. When I am in really bad shape and can hardly walk I use a cane & it is amazing how much more consideration I get. I always walk with a limp and I get the feeling that I am in everyones way but once I have the cane people actually try to help/ Its worth a try and at least they won't be thinking lazy fat person.

Lisa on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006447)

Carol, I failed to mention that I have seen the same stool in larger sizes for adults. Also, I've seen (maybe at Walmart or a Bed and Bath type store) folding stools -- might be a big heavier though. That's what was nice about the camp chair being made of nylon and plastic and with a shoulder strap.

PS: I don't think you'd look like a sissy -- you're just doing what is practical for your feet. Don't worry about what other people think. You'll save yourself more aggrivation later -- and you're the only one who will have to deal with it. Go easy on yourself, okay. If people don't want to wait up, their problem. Do what's best for YOU!

Lisa

Bea on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006438)

Another thing you could try. When I am in really bad shape and can hardly walk I use a cane & it is amazing how much more consideration I get. I always walk with a limp and I get the feeling that I am in everyones way but once I have the cane people actually try to help/ Its worth a try and at least they won't be thinking lazy fat person.

Lisa on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006447)

Carol, I failed to mention that I have seen the same stool in larger sizes for adults. Also, I've seen (maybe at Walmart or a Bed and Bath type store) folding stools -- might be a big heavier though. That's what was nice about the camp chair being made of nylon and plastic and with a shoulder strap.

PS: I don't think you'd look like a sissy -- you're just doing what is practical for your feet. Don't worry about what other people think. You'll save yourself more aggrivation later -- and you're the only one who will have to deal with it. Go easy on yourself, okay. If people don't want to wait up, their problem. Do what's best for YOU!

Lisa