Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Newcomer, once upon a time!

Posted by Susie on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006439)

I read the board all the time but havent posted a message in a while.
If not for this board I would of kept on suffering. Over the past 10 years the only thing I tried are pills, shots, and orthodics. I learned from Scott's pages and fellow suffers the vitamins, the stretches, & on and on. I have learned that shots are out of the question and surgery(chipping the bone)in not an option. That is what
this message board is about old suffers helping new suffers.Isn't it??
And birkenstocks have helped me tremendously. I guess certain things work for you. I have 4 different types of birks and they all feel good. See Ya

Re: Newcomer, once upon a time!

Linda on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006440)

Oh yeah!!!
Vitamins and strethes do really help me. I forgot the name of the guy who has really help me on this page but ive been doing things by the information on these posts and i feel so much better and i've got a very high arch so i bought the higher arch sandles made by birkinstocks ( TATAMI ).
I'd like to thank all of you for all the suppport on this page.

Next thing im going to try to start working out on my treadmill again, i hate that i have put on the weight.

Linda :)

Re: Newcomer, once upon a time! Right on Susie!

Diane R. on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006455)

Right on Susie! I also come here every so often and recognize someone or some question - that reminds me of where I was a couple years ago. Then I add my 2 and sometimes alittle more - in hopes of helping others avoid the trial and error and pain I went through. Right on about the birks, the vit.and mineral supplements. etc. I haven't been on any NSAID's for my PF for almost 2 yrs. now. Had to take some recently for a torn shoulder and couln't wait to get off them - and now am back on the only the natural supplements which I learned about from this site!

Re: Newcomer, once upon a time!

Linda on 5/01/99 at 00:00 (006440)

Oh yeah!!!
Vitamins and strethes do really help me. I forgot the name of the guy who has really help me on this page but ive been doing things by the information on these posts and i feel so much better and i've got a very high arch so i bought the higher arch sandles made by birkinstocks ( TATAMI ).
I'd like to thank all of you for all the suppport on this page.

Next thing im going to try to start working out on my treadmill again, i hate that i have put on the weight.

Linda :)

Re: Newcomer, once upon a time! Right on Susie!

Diane R. on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006455)

Right on Susie! I also come here every so often and recognize someone or some question - that reminds me of where I was a couple years ago. Then I add my 2 and sometimes alittle more - in hopes of helping others avoid the trial and error and pain I went through. Right on about the birks, the vit.and mineral supplements. etc. I haven't been on any NSAID's for my PF for almost 2 yrs. now. Had to take some recently for a torn shoulder and couln't wait to get off them - and now am back on the only the natural supplements which I learned about from this site!