Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dress shoes for orthotics?

Posted by Lisa on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006446)

Okay, I'm still new and I have gone over most but not all of the posted messages so I don't know if this one is out there. But, has anyone found any kind of dressier shoe that will fit orthotics? Something to wear with dresses. Right now sandles are out of the question and my orthotics are very high-arched and deep-heeled. They are the full length type.
Also, I know each person's experience with PF is a little different, but I'd like to benefit from your experience.
Thanks, Lisa

Re: Dress shoes for orthotics?

Rosalind on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006483)

Therese (I am not sure of the spelling) fits orthotics and Munroe, which was recommended by my podiatrist, may also.

Lisa on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006525)

Thanks Rosalind. Never heard of either Therese or Munroe -- any ideas where to purchase them -- a specialty shoe store. One of the stores I found here in Florida sells Mephisto and Ecco, etc. They never showed me either of those names. I'll keep looking.
Thanks.

Dayna on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006526)

If you have custom orthotics, you can have them made specifically for a pair of dress shoes. I don't have them, because I can't wear dress shoes anymore anyway, only flat lace-ups, but some people do have them for occasional wear.

Rosalind on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006483)

Therese (I am not sure of the spelling) fits orthotics and Munroe, which was recommended by my podiatrist, may also.

Lisa on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006525)

Thanks Rosalind. Never heard of either Therese or Munroe -- any ideas where to purchase them -- a specialty shoe store. One of the stores I found here in Florida sells Mephisto and Ecco, etc. They never showed me either of those names. I'll keep looking.
Thanks.

Dayna on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006526)

If you have custom orthotics, you can have them made specifically for a pair of dress shoes. I don't have them, because I can't wear dress shoes anymore anyway, only flat lace-ups, but some people do have them for occasional wear.