Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Custom orthotics for Berkinstocks?

Posted by Lisa on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006452)

Included with my orthotics was a flyer for a company to make custom-fit orthotics out of the same cork material as Berkinstocks insoles, so they can be worn in Berks. My podiatrist did not recommend them for the cost. He seemed to think that they were not as effective as orthotics in sneakers.

Has anyone had this done? Has anyone heard about these and do you know how to get them because they need to make a plaster cast of the foot?

Re: Custom orthotics for Berkinstocks?

Angie on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006462)

What kind of cost for the othos for Birks? Just curious as I hav just visited teh pod and I have a structural deformity in my feet that my Birks don't address. I need build up under the outside half of the pad under my toes. My Birks have helped a lot -- but the little pad the pod stuck to my foot and the taping have had me almost pain free the past two days. I'm almost afraid regular custom orthos are not going to give me the arch support I get from my Birks. Kind of like a trade off so I maybe should check into modifying the Birks?

Please forward any info you have.
Thanks!

troy on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006610)

explain tapeing please, cant get a view on this page!!

Angie on 5/02/99 at 00:00 (006462)

What kind of cost for the othos for Birks? Just curious as I hav just visited teh pod and I have a structural deformity in my feet that my Birks don't address. I need build up under the outside half of the pad under my toes. My Birks have helped a lot -- but the little pad the pod stuck to my foot and the taping have had me almost pain free the past two days. I'm almost afraid regular custom orthos are not going to give me the arch support I get from my Birks. Kind of like a trade off so I maybe should check into modifying the Birks?

Please forward any info you have.
Thanks!

troy on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006610)

explain tapeing please, cant get a view on this page!!