Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur

Posted by sue on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006495)

I finally had my heel spur removed. Yes, removed, cut out. I tried everything, yes everything, to no avail. Couldn't stand it anymore, told doc I wanted the old surgery done. This was just 3 days ago. My foot does not hurt at all. The doctor said no weight bearing for two days, which I obliged. Yesterday I cautiously bore weight, and it did not hurt at all. Before surgery, my foot would ache and throb even when I wasn't walking. Obviously I'm not a doctor and I can't give you my long term results yet, but it just makes sense to me that if you have a bony spur in your heel and your heel hurts, that the dern thing must come out. Planter Fasciaitis or whatever it is. I don't care. My mother had a spur removed 20 years ago the old fashioned way and she was off her feet for three weeks and has been good as new ever since. I know how bad it hurts. I had the sensation of a thorn in my heel 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That was my heel spur. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. I'll repost in a few weeks when you feel I'm better qualified to give results, but so far, so good.

Re: heel spur

CJ on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006496)

See down below for 8 weeks after surgery
CJ

Re: heel spur

CJ on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006496)

See down below for 8 weeks after surgery
CJ