Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doctor said to use rolling pin for stretching exercises

Posted by CJ on 5/03/99 at 00:00 (006497)

Went to the doctor today, he said go and buy a plastic rolling pin, take off the end and fill with hot water.
Roll foot with rolling pin for 5 minutes a day, 3 times a day.
Haven't tried it yet, he bandaged my foot up again for at least another week.
Just a passing thought for those who wish to try this.
CJ

Re: Doctor said to use rolling pin for stretching exercises

maureen on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006516)

If I use heat, it makes my feet hurt worse. You might experiment with cold and heat and see what works best for you.

Peggy on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006542)

My doctor told me to use the rolling pin, but use cold water and freeze it then roll my foot on it. I also use water bottles amd freeze them to roll my foot on it and it helps along with frozen corn bags. Another exercise is to step on the stairs with your feet half over the edge and stretch forward, you can feel it the back of your legs, this is a real good exercise.

maureen on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006516)

If I use heat, it makes my feet hurt worse. You might experiment with cold and heat and see what works best for you.

Peggy on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006542)

My doctor told me to use the rolling pin, but use cold water and freeze it then roll my foot on it. I also use water bottles amd freeze them to roll my foot on it and it helps along with frozen corn bags. Another exercise is to step on the stairs with your feet half over the edge and stretch forward, you can feel it the back of your legs, this is a real good exercise.