Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feet better/ leg hurts!

Posted by Alison on 5/04/99 at 00:00 (006502)

PF has greatly improved. thanks to everyone for sharing your experince and suggestions. Bad news. pain in my calf especially my right one. Also can effect the knee. Today stairs were horrendously painfull, couldn't weight bear fully with my right leg. Difficult to move from a sitting position to standing. could this have something to do with my achilles tendonitis ? suggestions welcome.

Re: Feet better/ leg hurts!

Karen on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006512)

Yes, Yes, Yes!! If at all possible, get yourself to a physical therapist who believes in massage or a massage therapist. I have the achilles tendonitis in both feet and although my pod diagnosed it as pf, I've learned alot from these postings. I have changed my shoes to New Balance and Birks exclusively. I ice after overuse. My achilles tendonitis is much better, so now that I'm walking alot more an old problem has resurfaced. I now have to have my little toe 're-rotated' They have to surgically open my pinkie toe and break it and rotate it to the proper position. It doesn't get much better than this. Back to your original question, the achilles tendonitis, the tight calve muscles and the knee problem are all related. One problem in this area and nothing else is in the proper alignment and will cause pain sooner or later. Get it fixed now or you'll be hearing from your hip and lower back!
I hope I've been helpful and not just whiney, sometimes it's hard to know the difference.

Best wishes, Karen

Re: Feet better/ leg hurts!

Karen on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006512)

Yes, Yes, Yes!! If at all possible, get yourself to a physical therapist who believes in massage or a massage therapist. I have the achilles tendonitis in both feet and although my pod diagnosed it as pf, I've learned alot from these postings. I have changed my shoes to New Balance and Birks exclusively. I ice after overuse. My achilles tendonitis is much better, so now that I'm walking alot more an old problem has resurfaced. I now have to have my little toe 're-rotated' They have to surgically open my pinkie toe and break it and rotate it to the proper position. It doesn't get much better than this. Back to your original question, the achilles tendonitis, the tight calve muscles and the knee problem are all related. One problem in this area and nothing else is in the proper alignment and will cause pain sooner or later. Get it fixed now or you'll be hearing from your hip and lower back!
I hope I've been helpful and not just whiney, sometimes it's hard to know the difference.

Best wishes, Karen