Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain

Posted by Carol Herrick on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006511)

I have gone thru the cordisone, naproxen, orthodics, physical therapy and elastic gel filled pad to no avail. the doctor now wants me to try l month casting. My question is does this really help. I don't want to have surgery but will if it is necessary to get rid of this pain.

Re: Heel Pain

Jessica on 9/14/98 at 17:49 (001843)

Where in Jersey are you located? Bergen Co?

Jane on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006518)

I tried all the things you did with no success and my Dr. wanted to cast but decided to try a night splint first. It took a while to see results but he talked me into giving it a chance and I was glad I did. I know from postings that this approach didn't work for everyone but it did for me. Just another option you might want to consider before the cast.

Dayna on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003415)

Go see an orthopedist or a podiatrist, it sounds like PF to me, that's how mine started, in the driving foot. Some people like me have heel spurs which grow straight forward, the body puts down calcium to try to take some of the strain off the Plantars Fascia tendon on the bottom of the foot. The heel spur isn't the problem, my flat feet no arch and short tendon Is. Some people with very high arches get this too. Not everyone grows heel spurs, not all heel spurs hurt, some people without heel spurs hurt. My advice is see someone who specializes in feet and then come back and let us know what you found out. We do care.

Jane on 5/05/99 at 00:00 (006518)

I tried all the things you did with no success and my Dr. wanted to cast but decided to try a night splint first. It took a while to see results but he talked me into giving it a chance and I was glad I did. I know from postings that this approach didn't work for everyone but it did for me. Just another option you might want to consider before the cast.