Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is anyone using glucosimine/chrondritin together with MSM????

Posted by Kris on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006548)

I was just wondering if anyone is having any luck with this combination. If so, how long have you taken it and is it working??/
Thank you!

Re: Is anyone using glucosimine/chrondritin together with MSM????

KAREN on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006563)

I have been taking glucosomine/chondroitin for about 6 weeks and have just started on msm. I'll keep you posted.

Annette on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006565)

MSM is a natural form of dietary sulfur. There are numerous sites on the net where you can research it. I was taking the glucosamine-chondroitin combination for the better part of a year and had some pretty good success with it for pain reduction. I read about MSM being used in comjunction with it in the Nov-Dec issue of Saturday Evening Post. The article said a doctor used it in combination with the glucosamine-chondroitin for reduction of inflamation. I have been on it now for about 4 months and it has helped tremendously. My pain has gone from a 9 to about a 1 or 2. As I continue to take it I continue to improve. I used to have minor swelling in my feet due to inflammation and most of that is now gone and so is most of my pain.
I am cautiously optimistic I will walk almost pain free in a few more moths if I continue to improve. It has been a God send for me as I work on my feet a lot of the day. I would recommend it for anyone who has tried conventional treatment and not gotten better. Wal-mart sells combination pill with MSM and glucosamine together but I would recommend taking chondroitin with it. I had minor arthritis where my knees crunched and cracked. That is all almost gone and so is my knee pain, and the pain in my fingers from arthritis. I don't know if MSM will work for you, it worked wonders for me!

WANDA on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006586)

Annette where did you find the MSM and how did the Dr say take in the Sat.Post.I already take glucosamine-chondratin 3 times a day 5oo mg Sundown Brand/Walmart it has helped my knee and fingures,but no luck on my feet. I have had PF since July of 98.

Re: Is anyone using glucosamine/chondroitin together with MSM????

Barb Lundeen on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006607)

Hi - I've been taking glucosamine for about 4 years, chondroitin for a year and a half and just started MSM about 2 months ago - The glucosamine alone has been wonderful - and if I forget to take my vitamins in the morning, I know it by the next day - the Chondroitin really added to the good work the glucosamine is doing (I'm almost 70 and can still do deep knee bends when my heels don't hurt too bad) - I have friends on the MSM and they rave about the good results for pain and arthritis. I'm not sure yet but along with all the other 'goodies' I take, it can't hurt - I really think I do feel a bit looser in the joints - my arthritis is worse on the inside of my elbows and that seems to be easing - I intend to keep on taking the MSM and will keep you posted if any 'miracles' come about.

Penny Richardson on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007846)

My mother is taking the three. Ionx Resource (springfield, Illinois) company has specifically offered the glucosamine/chondritin/ combination but also includes Boswellin ,vitamin c ,vitamin e,and manganese (all of which are naturally designed to reduce pain, repair and restore cartilage). It has worked wonders for her.... she stated she could not now be without it (cause she tried and all her pain and the grinding sound in her joints came back). She will not go without it (she has 3 kinds of arthritis... osteo, rhemetoyde, and cant think of the other one). If you care to read more... got to the web site....http://www.ionxresource.com/rep.cfm?id=328 and there is a product page that goes into more detail about the ingredients!!!. Other stuff (coral calcium) help me get rid of my migraines from there as well!!!

KAREN on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006563)

I have been taking glucosomine/chondroitin for about 6 weeks and have just started on msm. I'll keep you posted.

Annette on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006565)

MSM is a natural form of dietary sulfur. There are numerous sites on the net where you can research it. I was taking the glucosamine-chondroitin combination for the better part of a year and had some pretty good success with it for pain reduction. I read about MSM being used in comjunction with it in the Nov-Dec issue of Saturday Evening Post. The article said a doctor used it in combination with the glucosamine-chondroitin for reduction of inflamation. I have been on it now for about 4 months and it has helped tremendously. My pain has gone from a 9 to about a 1 or 2. As I continue to take it I continue to improve. I used to have minor swelling in my feet due to inflammation and most of that is now gone and so is most of my pain.
I am cautiously optimistic I will walk almost pain free in a few more moths if I continue to improve. It has been a God send for me as I work on my feet a lot of the day. I would recommend it for anyone who has tried conventional treatment and not gotten better. Wal-mart sells combination pill with MSM and glucosamine together but I would recommend taking chondroitin with it. I had minor arthritis where my knees crunched and cracked. That is all almost gone and so is my knee pain, and the pain in my fingers from arthritis. I don't know if MSM will work for you, it worked wonders for me!

WANDA on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006586)

Annette where did you find the MSM and how did the Dr say take in the Sat.Post.I already take glucosamine-chondratin 3 times a day 5oo mg Sundown Brand/Walmart it has helped my knee and fingures,but no luck on my feet. I have had PF since July of 98.

Re: Is anyone using glucosamine/chondroitin together with MSM????

Barb Lundeen on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006607)

Hi - I've been taking glucosamine for about 4 years, chondroitin for a year and a half and just started MSM about 2 months ago - The glucosamine alone has been wonderful - and if I forget to take my vitamins in the morning, I know it by the next day - the Chondroitin really added to the good work the glucosamine is doing (I'm almost 70 and can still do deep knee bends when my heels don't hurt too bad) - I have friends on the MSM and they rave about the good results for pain and arthritis. I'm not sure yet but along with all the other 'goodies' I take, it can't hurt - I really think I do feel a bit looser in the joints - my arthritis is worse on the inside of my elbows and that seems to be easing - I intend to keep on taking the MSM and will keep you posted if any 'miracles' come about.

Penny Richardson on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007846)

My mother is taking the three. Ionx Resource (springfield, Illinois) company has specifically offered the glucosamine/chondritin/ combination but also includes Boswellin ,vitamin c ,vitamin e,and manganese (all of which are naturally designed to reduce pain, repair and restore cartilage). It has worked wonders for her.... she stated she could not now be without it (cause she tried and all her pain and the grinding sound in her joints came back). She will not go without it (she has 3 kinds of arthritis... osteo, rhemetoyde, and cant think of the other one). If you care to read more... got to the web site....http://www.ionxresource.com/rep.cfm?id=328 and there is a product page that goes into more detail about the ingredients!!!. Other stuff (coral calcium) help me get rid of my migraines from there as well!!!