Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in calf and knee...

Posted by VioletD on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006566)

I notice that when my sciatic is bothering me a bit, I get a burning pain in my calf, sometimes the back of my thigh, and in a spot in my knee which makes stairs difficult. The pain goes right down and affects my heel also, making the pf feel worse. I notice that if I stretch my hamstrings I get some relief from all this.

I notice my posture affects my sciatic so I'm trying to correct the swayback stance I seem to have acquired, and hopefully this will all trickle down to improvement in my heel.

Re: Pain in calf and knee...

Alison on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006622)

Sounds familiar, Violet. I have been having lots of trouble with stairs and my calf and hamstrings are tight. Moving from sit to stand is a slow process. I've had tight hamstrings before (used to bicycle 10 miles dailey) but never this lack of flexibility. Got the knee pain as well. It's always something ! I'll try some moist heat, stretches and ice.I'm thinking it's achilles related. I used to take walking for granted.

Re: Pain in calf and knee...

Alison on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006622)

Sounds familiar, Violet. I have been having lots of trouble with stairs and my calf and hamstrings are tight. Moving from sit to stand is a slow process. I've had tight hamstrings before (used to bicycle 10 miles dailey) but never this lack of flexibility. Got the knee pain as well. It's always something ! I'll try some moist heat, stretches and ice.I'm thinking it's achilles related. I used to take walking for granted.